What's on at GFTAll upcoming films and events →
- 10 MarWIN tickets to Ali Blue Eyes!A pair of tickets are up for grabs for Claudio Giovannesi’s acclaimed, award-winning feature...
- 29 JanCapital Funding AwardGlasgow Film Theatre is pleased to have been awarded £536,900 Stage One Capital Funding from Creative Scotland.
- 29 NovCinema 3 opens its doors to the public!Our new Cinema 3 officially opens today with a 1.15pm screening of immersive documentary Leviathan...
- 5 MarProgramme Note: TeenageThe history of teens onscreen is a history of rock ‘n’ roll and Tuesday Weld; angst, rebellion and teenage kicks; of James Dean’s red jacket...
- 10 FebProgramme Note: Dallas Buyers ClubRon Woodroof first appeared in the pages of the Dallas Morning News in May 1989...
- 5 FebProgramme notes: BastardsThe scene opens on Paris, drenched by a torrential rainfall. A man in his early fifties walks to a window...
- WIN tickets to Ali Blue Eyes!My favourite italian movie is "cinema paradiso". It is shown the magic of movies ...
- WIN tickets to Ali Blue Eyes!My favourite Italian film is Rome, Open City. This isn't a stretch by any means, but some films are worth the mix of continued love and respect and Rosselini's masterpiece is a reason to hope and to appreciate that even in the most desperate times - and through the most harrowing and impossible struggles - the basic human strength and instinct to survive, to both continue and to overcome, can triumph over anything.
- WIN tickets to Ali Blue Eyes!Life is Beautiful. Manages to tread the delicate fine line of a movie with comic elements set during the Holocaust by focusing more on the father/son relationship. Also has the finest sad-then-happy ending since "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest".
Glasgow Film encompasses Glasgow Film Theatre, Glasgow Film Festival and Cinema City. Glasgow Film lead in the discovery of film and the moving image, where audiences of all ages can immerse themselves in and learn about the magnificence of film.
- The Ideal CityActor turned director Luigi Lo Cascio stars as talented architect and fervent environmentalist Michele. Mon 10 March (18.00)
- A Perfect FamilyA lonely man creates a family Christmas by hiring professional actors to play different family members. Mon 10 March (20.20)
- SandraA modern day interpretation of the Electra myth transformed into a stark, hothouse melodrama. Tue 11 March (17.45)
- The Grand Budapest HotelThe hectic lives at a famous continental hotel reflect Europe's interwar trauma in Wes Anderson's new charmer. Fri 7 - Thurs 20 Mar
- Stranger by the LakeThis astonishingly frank portrayal of carnal love and savage mortality is a beautifully realised labyrinthine thriller. Fri 7 - Thu 13 Mar
- Those Happy YearsDaniele Luchetti returns to his childhood in the 1970s for this boisterous, beguiling portrait of a family in crisis. Wed 12 March (18.00)
- Ali Blue EyesClaudio Giovannesi’s acclaimed, award-winning feature brings a fresh, sharply observant eye to the life of a teenager. WEd 12 March (20.20)
- The Great WarMario Monicelli’s award-winning 1959 masterpiece deftly walks the fine line between tragedy and comedy. Thu 13 March (17.30)
- The Fifth WheelLoosely based on the life of Ernesto Fioretti, this is a bittersweet tale of the extraordinary moments in ordinary lives. Thu 13 March (20.20)
- The RocketA boy who is believed to bring bad luck to his tribe, leads his family across Laos in search of a place to stay. Fri 14 - Thu 20 March
- Seasons at GFTNT LiveLive broadcasts and encore screenings from the National Theatre in London.
- Seasons at GFTItalian Film FestivalAn exciting and diverse line-up of contemporary and classic Italian cinema. Fri 7 - Thu 13 Mar
- Seasons at GFTRSCLive broadcasts from the Royal Shakespeare Company in Stratford-upon-Avon.