What's on at GFTAll upcoming films and events →
- 8 SepWIN two tickets to Al Pacino's Salomé and Wilde SaloméWin two tickets to see the double bill of Salomé and Wilde Salomé on Sunday 21 September, including live satellite Q&A with Al Pacino.
- 3 SepCancellation: Film Discussion Group
- 28 AugWIN! A bundle of goodies and 2 tickets to Before I Go To Sleep
- 18 SepRemember – Your Vote CountsThere is an important decision to be made. The result will make history and change the lives of those involved for generations to come...
- 18 SepProgramme Note: Down by LawDown by Law hailed a significant moment in the career of Jim Jarmusch, as the ‘American original’ stretched out from the relative constraints of his previous two films...
- 10 SepToronto-Stars In Their EyesGlasgow Film Festival co-director reports from Toronto Film Festival.
- 20,000 Days on Earth + Live Satellite Event with Nick CaveF
- In Order of DisappearanceGood film ! Punctuated with both subtle and less subtle humour, making this tragic true story watchable. Very Norwegian ? Lots of snow / epic landscape / giant machines / the 'ordinary man' taking a practical straightforward approach when the toxic world of drug dealing comes to his door in rural Norway.
- WIN two tickets to Al Pacino's Salomé and Wilde SaloméThere's so many great Pacino moments, many of which are iconic. My personal favourite has to be his "Attica" speech in Dog Day Afternoon. Despite robbing a bank, which goes comically wrong, Sonny still manages to become the man of the people, helped in part by this speech, and his defiance of the system.
Glasgow Film encompasses Glasgow Film Theatre, Glasgow Film Festivals and Cinema City. Glasgow Film lead in the discovery of film and the moving image, where audiences of all ages can immerse themselves in and learn about the magnificence of film.
- Before I Go to SleepBased on the best-selling novel by S J Watson, this psychological thriller interrogates the very nature of reality. Fri 5 - Thu 18 Sep.
- Peaches Christ's Bear-barellaAn interactive and immersive performance from Peaches Christ plus a screening of Barbarella. Fri 10 Oct.
- PrideA moving portrayal of the people who were unafraid to stand up for their rights. Fri 13 - Thu 25 Sep.
- In Order of DisappearanceA Scandanavian crime thriller that will keep you guessing until the very end. Fri 12 - Thu 25 Sep.
- Attila MarcelA sad comedy about time passing, memories recalled, and the beauty of life. Fri 19 - Thu 25 Sep.
- 20,000 Days on EarthA bold vision of one of music’s most mysterious and charismatic figures, the iconic Nick Cave. Fri 19 - Thu 25 Sep.
- Salome & Wilde SalomeFollowing the presentation of both films, Stephen Fry will host a live satellite Q&A session with Al Pacino. Sun 21 Sep.
- What We Did on Our HolidayAn uplifting family drama from the creators of Outnumbered. Fri 26 Sep - Thu 2 Oct.
- A Most Wanted ManAnton Corbijn’s adaptation of John le Carré’s novel is a smart, subtle and confident thriller. Fri 26 Sep – Thu 2 Oct.
- IdaBeautifully composed in black and white, Ida is a masterful evocation of intimate dilemmas and the weight of history. Fri 26 - Thu 2 Oct.
- Seasons at GFTBlues in the NightA season that explores four distinctive European variants on the iconic noir style.
- Seasons at GFTGlasgayScotland's annual celebration of LGBT culture, returns with an exciting selection of films.
- Seasons at GFTTake One ActionTake One Action returns to GFT. Fri 26 Sep - Thu 2 Oct.