What's on at GFTAll upcoming films and events →
- 25 SepScotland Loves Anime CompetitionWin a Scotland Loves Anime pass
- 8 SepWIN two tickets to Al Pacino's Salomé and Wilde SaloméWin two tickets to see the double bill of Salomé and Wilde Salomé on Sunday 21 September, including live satellite Q&A with Al Pacino.
- 3 SepCancellation: Film Discussion Group
- 29 SepProgramme Note: A Spell to Ward Off the DarknessA lot is intuited about A Spell to Ward off the Darkness from the typography of its title alone...
- 23 SepProgramme Note: IdaPolish director Pawel Pawlikowski’s Ida (2013) represents a return to his country of origin after two films set in England...
- 18 SepRemember – Your Vote CountsThere is an important decision to be made. The result will make history and change the lives of those involved for generations to come...
- Scotland Loves Anime CompetitionIf you ask me then 'Howl's moving castle has to be the one'. Miyazaki just shows how great a fantasy movie can be while providing us with some very critical life principles. I think everyone can relate themselves as a moving castle full of different faces and baggage. We move around opening a different door everyday while keeping our true self hidden due to past experiences. After a certain point we all need to rearrange our castle and make it suitable for other people to stay in. The whole movie is full of metaphors and meanings and I believe each one can find their own version.
- SLA Weekend PassDear Reader, I'm not sure what I'm commenting on. Yey anime =^.^= Looking forward to spending the weekend drinking beer and watching anime with my girlfriend. Lots of love, Marcus.
- Dragonball Z: Battle of the GodsIs the edinburgh showing also in japanese or english?
Glasgow Film encompasses Glasgow Film Theatre, Glasgow Film Festivals and Cinema City. Glasgow Film lead in the discovery of film and the moving image, where audiences of all ages can immerse themselves in and learn about the magnificence of film.
- Peaches Christ's Bear-barellaAn interactive and immersive performance from Peaches Christ plus a screening of Barbarella. Fri 10 Oct.
- What We Did on Our HolidayAn uplifting family drama from the creators of Outnumbered. Fri 26 Sep - Thu 2 Oct.
- A Most Wanted ManAnton Corbijn’s adaptation of John le Carré’s novel is a smart, subtle and confident thriller. Fri 26 Sep – Thu 2 Oct.
- IdaBeautifully composed in black and white, Ida is a masterful evocation of intimate dilemmas and the weight of history. Fri 26 - Thu 2 Oct.
- At BerkeleyDirector Frederick Wiseman’s latest behind-the-scenes foray into American institutions. Sun 28 - Mon 29 Sep.
- Night Will FallThe remarkable story of a film which lay in the vaults of London’s Imperial War Museum for forty years. Mon 29 - Thu 2 Oct
- Gone GirlDavid Fincher’s adaptation of Gillian Flynn’s global best seller features an all-star cast in a tangled tale of love, lies and deceit in recession-era New York. Fri 3 - Thu 23 Oct.
- Magic in the MoonlightWoody Allen’s latest film signals the director’s return to lighter-hearted territory. Fri 3 - Thu 9 Oct
- Tony Benn: WIll and TestamentWill and Testament reveals a very human face behind the political mask. Fri 3 - Mon 6 Oct.
- Human CapitalMatilde Gioli and Valeria Bruni Tedeschi, star in this slick, stylish fusion of class critique and murder mystery. Fri 3 - Thu 9 Oct
- Seasons at GFTBlues in the NightA season that explores four distinctive European variants on the iconic noir style.
- Seasons at GFTGlasgayScotland's annual celebration of LGBT culture, returns with an exciting selection of films.
- Seasons at GFTTake One ActionTake One Action returns to GFT. Fri 26 Sep - Thu 2 Oct.