What's on at GFTAll upcoming films and events →
- 18 AugWIN tickets + King Creosote's new album From Scotland with Love!Released on 21 July 2014, King Creosote's album From Scotland With Love is his first album since his Mercury-nominated collaborative record with Jon Hopkins, Diamond Mine...
- 11 AugWin tickets + prizes to Ari Folman's The Congress!Ari Folman's second feature The Congress screens at GFT from Friday 15 August...
- 28 JulWINWINWIN Mood Indigo bumper prize giveaway!We have a very exciting prize bundle up for grabs for Michel Gondry's new feature Mood Indigo...
- 19 AugProgramme Note: From Scotland with LoveYou can tell an awful lot – and yet also very little – from the title of From Scotland With Love...
- 4 AugProgramme Note: The Big PicnicBill Bryden’s The Big Picnic was originally written and performed in Govan in 1994...
- 4 AugBig Star: Live in Memphis: Interview with filmmaker David Julian LeonardAfter an emotional premiere in singer Alex Chilton’s hometown of Memphis, filmmaker David Julian Leonard is bringing the film to Glasgow for its 3rd ever screening...
- WIN tickets + King Creosote's new album From Scotland with Love!The Blue Nile. Understated. Happiness and Peace at Last.
- WIN tickets + King Creosote's new album From Scotland with Love!Sigur Ros. Lots of emotion and beautiful melody, mysterious and other-worldly. But mostly because I tend to talk as much incomprehensible nonsense as Jonsi.
- WIN tickets + King Creosote's new album From Scotland with Love!Morrisey - 'cause I was looking for a job, then I found a job, and heaven knows I'm miserable now.
Glasgow Film encompasses Glasgow Film Theatre, Glasgow Film Festivals and Cinema City. Glasgow Film lead in the discovery of film and the moving image, where audiences of all ages can immerse themselves in and learn about the magnificence of film.
- The CongressAri Folman’s ambitious follow-up to Waltz with Bashir transforms a sci-fi classic into a scathing assault on the fickleness of fame. Fri 15 - Thu 21 Aug
- All This MayhemAn unflinching never-before-seen look at the dark underbelly of extreme sports. Fri 15 - Thu 21 Aug.
- We Gotta Get Out of This PlaceA gripping gorgeously shot neo-noir thriller with startling performances and a raw script from debut screenwriter Dutch Southern. Fri 15 - Thu 21 Aug.
- God Help the GirlBelle and Sebastian frontman Stuart Murdoch makes his directorial debut in this enchanting indie-pop love letter to Glasgow’s music scene. From Sat 16 Aug.
- Two Days, One NightA hit at Cannes earlier this year, this outstanding film has been called a Twelve Angry Men of the 21st century. Fri 22 - Thu 28 Aug
- Blood TiesWhen Chris is released from prison after a stint for a gangland murder, his freedom spells trouble for his police-officer brother Frank. Fri 15 - Thu 21 Aug
- WakoldaAn intriguing, atmospheric tale based on director Lucía Puenzo’s own novel. Fri 22–Thu 28 Aug
- Hide Your Smiling FacesHide Your Smiling Faces follows two brothers as they try to come to terms with the death of a friend. Fri 22–Thu 28 Aug
- ZuluA rousing recreation of the siege of Rorke’s Drift in Natal, Africa on January 22 1879. Sun 24 & Tue 26 Aug
- AftershockA huge success in China before opening at Toronto International Film Festival in 2010. Wed 27 Aug.
- Seasons at GFTA Century of Chinese CinemaRare screenings of hard-to-see Chinese films along with classics new and old.
- Seasons at GFTMiyazaki MasterworksTo celebrate Miyazaki's career, GYFF is putting on a retrospective of some of his best work.
- Seasons at GFTTo See OurselsAn entertaining opportunity tae think again about Scottish culture and identity.