What's on at GFTAll upcoming films and events →
- 31 OctAfrica in Motion CompetitionWin a pair of tickets to Four Corners.
- 30 OctStatement from Glasgow Film's CEO on Creative Scotland's Regular Funded OrganisationsGlasgow Film comprising of the GFT, Glasgow Film Festival and Glasgow Short Film Festival is pleased to announce that it is to be part of the new Creative Scotland portfolio of Regular Funded organisations.
- 20 OctLe jour se leve CompetitionWin a book about the film plus a pair of tickets!
- 10 DecThe Best of 2014 (according to us)Now that 2014 is winding towards its close, we decided to look back on our favourite films of the year. This has proved to be quite the challenge – sparking much debate in the Glasgow Film HQ.
- 3 DecDocs in DecemberWe’ve got some fantastic documentaries showing at GFT this December. Here's a closer look at them all.
- 1 DecWhy we think AI: Artificial Intelligence deserves the big screen treatmentAs we look forward to Jan Harlan in Conversation on Wed 10 Dec, we take a closer look at AI: Artificial Intelligence
- The Best of 2014 (according to us)The Interview, as the most talked about but never seen example of the influence of film.
- The Best of 2014 (according to us)2014 was a good year, with lots of contenders. However, I'm going to go with Boyhood. When I emerged, I said "That was really nice". It sounds like being damned by feint praise, but it's not. It was really good, well acted, real human story and interesting and innovative shooting method.
- The Best of 2014 (according to us)Didn't see all of these films (you only really show good & well synopsised films!!) but I have to put a word in for Grand Budapest Hotel - fabulously entertaining in all aspects, which is my main reason for'going out' to the cinema!
Glasgow Film encompasses Glasgow Film Theatre, Glasgow Film Festivals and Cinema City. Glasgow Film lead in the discovery of film and the moving image, where audiences of all ages can immerse themselves in and learn about the magnificence of film.
- The Best of 2014 (according to us)Now that 2014 is winding towards its close, we decided to look back on our favourite films of the year. Add your pick for the chance to win a GFT CineCard.
- GFT CineCardThe perfect gift for the film-lover in your family.
- It's A Wonderful LifeFrank Capra's classic returns for the festive season. From Fri 12 Dec.
- Me, Myself and MumA cheerful and inventive comic confessional from director Guillaume Gallienne. Fri 5 - Thu 18 Dec
- The Bishop's WifeA classic festive film starring Loretta Young, David Niven and Cary Grant. Fri 10 - Thu 18 Dec
- The Great MuseumAn observational document of Vienna’s Kunsthistorisches Museum as it reopened its famed Kunstkammer rooms in 2013. Fri 19 - Tue 23 Dec
- Kon-TikiExplorer Thor Heyerdahl’s legendary voyage from Peru to Polynesia in 1947 remains a grand adventure even now. This stirring epic tells the true tale. Fri 19 - Wed 24 Dec.
- The Green PrinceA gripping, suspenseful true-life tale that needs to be seen to be believed. Until Thu 18 Dec.