What's on at GFTAll upcoming films and events →
- 24 MarNext GFT Film Quiz 31 MarchThe GFT Film Quiz returns next Tuesday. Assemble your teams!
- 31 OctAfrica in Motion CompetitionWin a pair of tickets to Four Corners.
- 30 OctStatement from Glasgow Film's CEO Jaki McDougall on Creative Scotland's Regular Funded OrganisationsGlasgow Film comprising of the GFT, Glasgow Film Festival and Glasgow Short Film Festival is pleased to announce that it is to be part of the new Creative Scotland portfolio of Regular Funded organisations.
- 23 AprProgramme Note: The FallingThe Falling’s writer and director Carol Morley brings her first full length feature film to screen, marking the culmination of a career making predominantly documentaries.
- 22 AprCannes: The Big PictureThis morning's announcement of the full programme for the Directors' Fortnight provided the last big piece of the 2015 Cannes jigsaw...
- 17 AprJauja Programme Note‘The Ancient Ones said that Jauja was a mythological land of abundance and happiness. Many expeditions tried to find the place to verify this. With time, the legend grew disproportionately… The only thing that is known for certain is that all who tried to
- Force Majeure When did ticket prices go up to £8.50? It used to be only £8 a ticket just a few weeks ago which was more than reasonable. How long had ticket prices remained at £8 before the increase to £8.50? I won't be surprised if in 6 months time the price increases again to £9! I know this is an arthouse cinema but someone's taking the piss.
- Force Majeure Hi Tom, Ticket prices increased at the start of the financial year, in line with many other cinemas and venues in general. It is 17 months since our last price increase (of 50p) and we feel that our prices are competitive and in many cases much more affordable than other cinemas. We offer lots of opportunities for cheap tickets throughout the week (Friday matinees, Tuesday treats, 2 for 1 tickets through Meerkat Movies on Wednesdays etc). As well as these deals we offer an annual CineCard (£35) which gives you £1 off every standard screening. We review our prices regularly and as we are a Not-For-Profit educational charity, only raise them in line with running cost increases. Many thanks Gavin Crosby GFT
- Force Majeure I agree with previous poster. Seems excessive that I need to create an account with password just to buy cinema tickets. Then when I get past the address stage I repeatedly get an error anyway.
Glasgow Film encompasses Glasgow Film Theatre, Glasgow Film Festivals and Cinema City. Glasgow Film lead in the discovery of film and the moving image, where audiences of all ages can immerse themselves in and learn about the magnificence of film.
- St Etienne Live: How We Used to LiveMuch loved electro pop trio perform their original score to the acclaimed documentary. Tue 19 May.
- May Programme On SaleMay's selection of cinema is now on sale now, including the new Far From the Madding Crowd and an Orson Welles season.
- Sound & VisionThe very best of sonic cinema, along with live performances that showcase the most exciting blend of music and movie-going. April & May
- The FallingThis film confirms Morley as one of Britain’s most distinctive and exciting filmmakers. From Fri 24 Apr
- A Pigeon Sat on a Branch Reflecting on ExistenceWinner of the Golden Lion at Venice Film Festival, this is a masterful reflection on the human condition. From Fri 24 Apr
- Far From the Madding CrowdThomas Vinterberg, director of the Oscar-nominated Danish drama The Hunt, adapts Thomas Hardy’s 1874 novel for the big screen. Fri 1 - Thu 14 May
- SambaRe-unitingUntouchable writing/directing pair Olivier Nakache and Eric Toledano with star Sy, Samba is a touching and politically astute tale of romance and cultural identity. Fri 1 - Thu 7 May
- ArgerichMade up of episodic documentary sequences, the film seamlessly blends intimate conversations and anecdotes with scenes of Martha’s performances. Fri 1 - Thu 7 May
- Seasons at GFTSound & VisionShowcasing the most exciting blend of music and movie-going: April & May
- Seasons at GFTPearls of Czech New WaveRestorations and classics feature in this pearl of a season. Tue 5 - Tue 26 May
- Seasons at GFTUK Green Film FestivalBack and better than ever, for its fifth edition. Mon 4 - Sun 10 May