Glasgow Youth Film Festival For SCHOOLS
Welcome to the Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2014 schools page.
GYFF 2014 for schools will run from Friday 31 January to Friday 7 February, offering an exciting and concentrated programme of events for nursery, primary and secondary pupils and their teachers.
The aim of the Festival is to embrace the magic of the moving image and creative learning in order to motivate and inspire young people in Glasgow. Our screenings and workshops are selected to be responsive to the curriculum, relevant to pupils, age appropriate and fun!
All events are free for Glasgow local authority schools to attend and selected events are free for all schools. We also offer transport support.
If you require information about our 2014 Glasgow Youth Film Festival schools programme, the Glasgow Film Learning team is happy to help.
Programme Coordinator: Children and Young People
0141 332 6535 ext. 238
GYFF14 is funded by Glasgow City Council Education Services. Additional support is generously provided by The Robertson Trust, Europa Cinemas and Cineworld Education.
- SchoolsGYFF 2014 events for schoolsWe've got free screenings of fantastic films like Walking With Dinosaurs 3D, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, Revolution plus many more.
- SchoolsModern Language Screenings at GYFF 2014GYFF 2014 has excellent modern language films, suitable for all ages, including the German hit, Sputnik.
- SchoolsThe Gruffalo and The Gruffalo's Child in FrenchWatch The Gruffalo and The Gruffalo's Child in French with English subtitles, and with a special introduction by a French language expert.
- SchoolsSpace Station 3DIn association with Cineworld Education, we have a free screening of Space Station 3D including a Q&A with astronomy experts.
- SchoolsAutism-Friendly Screening of Despicable Me 2Despicable Me 2 screens exclusively for ASL schools at GYFF 2014.