GYFF 2013 TRANSPORT FOR WEST DUNBARTONSHIRE sCHOOLs
This information is relevant to GYFF 2013 for schools which ran from Friday 31 January to Friday 8 February.
If your school is not located in West Dunbartonshire, separate arrangements apply. Click here for details.
Thanks to Glasgow Airport's Flight Path Fund, we are able to reimburse transport for West Dunbartonshire schools to attend GYFF 2013!
To apply for transport support, your school must first reserve a place with GFT Box Office for your chosen GYFF 2013 event by completing our reservation form in full.
You will then be given a booking confirmation by email, plus your school's bus code, from GFT Box Office within 5 working days of making your reservation – your patience is appreciated while we cope with the demand!
Once you have received your bus code from the GFT booking confirmation email you must do the following, as soon as possible:
- Reserve your bus with your chosen bus company
- Email GYFF at email@example.com with your name, school name, film booking details (date/time of screening and number attending) and bus code. You must also specify how much your bus is costing. Please note that we can only reimburse costs up to £75.
- We will reply to confirm whether or not you have been granted a bursary. We will tell you how you should invoice us for your costs.
Transport bursaries are subject to availability and will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis. Please read the terms and conditions below.
Full Terms and Conditions:
▪ Bursaries are subject to availability and early booking is recommended.
▪ We can only reimburse transport costs when we receive an invoice from the school along with proof of purchase from the bus company.
▪ Bursaries will cover bus transport costs up to £75. We are unable to reimburse any costs incurred over and above this amount.
▪ Confirmation of your school's places will be emailed to all successful bookings within 5 working days of making a reservation. This will also include a bus code to claim your bursary.
▪ All schools must receive a confirmation email from GFT box office about their places before booking transport support. Any school that books a bus before receiving confirmation from GFT will not have their transport support honoured.
▪ To qualify for transport, GYFF reservations must be for a minimum of 40 pupils (teachers not included in this total).
▪ All bursaries are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
▪ West Dunbartonshire Council transport can be booked for screenings at the Empire Cinema (Blancanieves, Brave or Wickie and the Treasure of the Gods) which are free for West Dunbartonshire schools to attend or events at other venues which cost £3 per pupil to attend.
▪ Each school is entitled to no more than one transport bursary to one school event throughout the whole of GYFF 2013.
▪ It is the school's responsibility to book a bus once the teacher making the booking has received a confirmation code, not Glasgow Film Theatre/Glasgow Youth Film Festival, as we are unable to process bus bookings.
▪ Schools are also responsible for making sure their bus arrives on the arranged date and time.
If you have any questions, please call 0141 352 8613 during office hours.