GYFF 2013 Transport SUPPORT FOR SCHOOLS
This information is relevant to GYFF 2013 for schools which ran from Friday 31 January to Friday 8 February.
If you are a West Dunbartonshire school, separate arrangements apply. Click here for details.
Thanks to Muvizu, we are able to offer FREE buses for Glasgow Local Authority schools and discounted transport for schools in other local authorities to attend GYFF 2013!
To apply for transport support, your school must first reserve a place with GFT Box Office for your chosen GYFF 2013 event by completing our reservation form in full.
You will then be given a booking confirmation by email, plus your school's bus code, from GFT Box Office within 5 working days of making your reservation – your patience is appreciated while we cope with the demand!
Once you have received your bus code from the GFT booking confirmation email you must do the following, as soon as possible, to book a bus:
Please contact Fiona Haddow at Class Connections on 0141 287 2987 (or email email@example.com) with your full booking details.
Our bus allocation in 2012 was over-subscribed, so make sure you don't miss out! Buses are subject to availability and early booking is recommended.
Buses are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Terms and conditions apply (see below).
Full Terms and Conditions:
▪ Buses are subject to availability and early booking is recommended.
▪ Confirmation of your school's places will be emailed to all successful bookings within 5 working days of making a reservation. This will also include a bus code to claim your free/subsidised bus.
▪ All schools must receive a confirmation email from GFT box office about their places before booking transport support. Any school that books a bus before receiving confirmation from GFT will not have their transport support honoured.
▪ To qualify for transport, GYFF reservations must be for a minimum of 40 pupils (teachers not included in this total).
▪ All buses are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
▪ Each school is entitled to no more than two free (or subsidised) buses throughout the whole of GYFF 2013.
▪ It is the school's responsibility to book a bus once the teacher making the booking has received a confirmation code, not Glasgow Film Theatre/Glasgow Youth Film Festival, as we are unable to process bus bookings.
▪ Schools are also responsible for making sure their bus arrives on the arranged date and time.
▪ If your school goes over its annual allocation of free buses, there will be a small charge of £40 per bus. This applies only to Glasgow Schools.
▪ Unfortunately, Class Connections are unable to supply free buses to schools wishing to attend Empire Cinema Clydebank screenings. However, they can still offer a subsidised transport rate of £45 for any school wishing to attend GYFF screenings there.
If you have any questions, please call 0141 352 8613 during office hours.