What's on at GFTAll upcoming films and events →
- 17 JulBFI Launches Sci Fi: Days of Fear and WonderBFI unveils a major celebration of film and TV's original blockbuster genre.
- 16 JulWin a Pair of Tickets to I Am Divine and John Waters at the O2 Academy!Win a pair of tickets to a John Waters gig and also a pair of tickets to any showing of I Am Divine at GFT.
- 13 JunWin a Pair of Tickets to Chinese Puzzle plus a DVD BundleTell us your favourite on-screen friendship and why for your chance to win.
- 21 JulProgramme Note: JoeBased on a novel of the same name by American author Larry Brown, Joe is seeped in southern gothic...
- 18 JulProgramme Note: Finding Vivian MaierOn 9 October, 2009, John Maloof logged into image-hosting website Flickr, hoping to direct extra traffic towards his vivianmaier.com blog, on which he'd been sharing a selection of photographs...
- 17 JulNorte, the End of HistoryLav Diaz is a Filipino independent filmmaker whose output has been characterised by a simultaneously personal, poetic sensibility and a rigorous political and socio-cultural awareness...
- Win a Pair of Tickets to I Am Divine and John Waters at the O2 Academy!Mink Stole. I do believe she has appeared in every one of his films, delivers killer lines in each of them ("I wouldn't suck your lousy dick if I was suffocating and there was oxygen in your balls!") and she's a true legend in her everyday life. She's even in one of the best films inspired by JW - 'But I'm A Cheerleader'.
- Cargo, Camera… ACTION! with Gypsy RomaniaHello, This looks fantastic - is it suitable for young children? Thanks
- Cargo, Camera… ACTION! with Gypsy RomaniaHi Mhairi, Yes it is suitable for all ages. Hope to see you there. All the best Gavin Crosby Design and Digital Officer GFT
Glasgow’s centre for lovers of film, GFT has been leading the way in specialised cinema for forty years. From art house cinema to late night cult screenings and from classics back on the big screen to independent documentaries, there's something for everyone at GFT.
- Cargo Camera...ACTION!An outdoor celebration of moving image and Glasgow’s history, to celebrate the Commonwealth Games. Sat 26 July.
- GFT access surveyGFT is currently undertaking research in developing access to the cinema. You can help us by filling in our short survey.
- The 100-Year-Old ManJonas Jonasson’s feel-good international bestseller proves that it is never too late to let a little adventure into your life. Fri 4 - Thu 24 Jul.
- BoyhoodRichard Linklater’s latest is the culmination of twelve years of work, with the filmmaker intermittently revisiting the life of his (once young) star to tell the fictionalised life of Mason Jr. Fri 11–Thu 24 Jul.
- Grand CentralOne of the discoveries of Cannes Film Festival, Grand Central sets a torrid romance against the dangers of the nuclear power industry. Fri 18 - Thu 24 Jul.
- JoeA tough, gripping and often agonising portrayal of masculinity, featuring one of Cage’s best performances. Fri 25 Jul – Thu 7 Aug.
- Who Is Dayani Cristal?An anonymous body is found in the Arizona desert with only a tattoo of the words ‘Dayani Cristal’ acting as a clue to the identity. Fri 25–Tue 29 Jul
- I Am DivineA unique documentary about how Divine, aka Harris Glenn Milstead, became John Waters’ cinematic muse. Fri 25–Sun 27 Jul
- NorthwestA Scandinavian noir that explores themes of brotherhood and compassion set against a systematically gritty and violent underworld. Fri 25–Thu 31 Jul
- Mr Morgan's Last LoveA moving tale of how a fond friendship can lighten the gloomiest of times. Mon 28–Thu 31 Jul
- Seasons at GFTTo See OurselsAn entertaining opportunity tae think again about Scottish culture and identity.
- Seasons at GFTMiyazaki MasterworksTo celebrate Miyazaki's career, GYFF is putting on a retrospective of some of his best work.
- Seasons at GFTA Century of Chinese CinemaRare screenings of hard-to-see Chinese films along with classics new and old.
- Special EventsGYFF presents: Documentary Masterclass with Michael McAvoyTickets £2 for Youth Loyalty Card holders. Thu 14 Aug.
- Special EventsWee Doors Open DayYour chance to get behind the scenes at GFT. Wed 23 Jul.
- Special EventsRabbit-Proof FenceFollowed by a debate led by Dr David Archibald of the University of Glasgow. Mon 28 Jul.