Glasgow’s centre for lovers of film, GFT has been leading the way in specialised cinema for forty years. From art house cinema to late night cult screenings and from classics back on the big screen to independent documentaries, there's something for everyone at GFT.
- 17 MayGlasgow Film Annual Review 2015-2016 published as submissions open for Glasgow Film Festival 2017Glasgow Film celebrates a hugely successful year as the call for film submissions for the 2017 festival opens.
- 21 AprDirector Richard Linklater to attend preview of Everybody Wants Some!!Richard Linklater will take part in a Q&A following the screening.
- 23 OctGlasgow Film Theatre Wins Cinema of the Year at the 2015 Screen AwardsGlasgow Film Theatre is proud to announce it is the winner of Cinema of the Year (24 screens or less) at this year’s Screen Awards.
- 16 JunProgramme Note: Tale of TalesMatteo Garrone’s eighth film seems, at first glance, to be a significant departure for the director.
- 31 MayProgramme Note: Everybody Wants Some!!It’s difficult to conceive of a more comprehensively examined cultural more in cinema than the American high school experience.
- 27 MayProgramme Note: Love & FriendshipFor almost as long as cinema has been around, people have been adapting Jane Austen novels for film and TV...
- Programme Note: TrumboDONALD Trumbo?? -line 12- in notes ....easy to do in this age of self-promoting American loudmouths but Dalton T had character!! what an insult.......great film.
- Italian Film Festival in Scotland at GFTI want present our Italian film www.thedueolofwinemovie.com A lot of Italian consorzium and wineries sponsored the film, please, let me know if we could send you a copy or how could we present it.
- Programme Note: A WarHollywood and beyond would be doing themselves far more a justice, if ALL war related cinema going forward reflects ONLY a strong-anti-war message. War is for profit, always has, nothing more, nothing less. Even America's involvement in WWII was really, in the end, more about getting the nation out of economic depression, than "stopping oppression". Hitler was a military man, a victim of violence himself as he suffered multiple abusive blows from his deranged father, who thought the Jews were terrorist. Sound familiar? He and his army could have been stopped without further violence. The US military is the biggest, scariest, most bloodiest killing machine the world has ever seen, comprised of millions of innocent yet misguided young girls and boys made to believe they "protect freedom" and "national security". The exact opposite is the result. Books made movies targeted to teens with outright anti-war messages, such as Hunger Games/Mockingjay series of which are a purposeful mockery of the American politic today, a war economy under pretense of some form of "protecting the American Way of Life", are a great start. It's come to a time parents today need to re-educate their kids away from the unsustainable hogwash claimed within history books glorifying those "brave patriots". Its never been about "defense". Even if its true "war has been part of human species" since day one, even then it was driven by unethical madness. War is a primitive institution. A cowards dance, designed by politicians and connected corporate cronies that want pawns for their profit. Enough is enough.