What's on at GFTAll upcoming films and events →
- 30 OctStatement from Glasgow Film's CEO on Creative Scotland's Regular Funded OrganisationsGlasgow Film comprising of the GFT, Glasgow Film Festival and Glasgow Short Film Festival is pleased to announce that it is to be part of the new Creative Scotland portfolio of Regular Funded organisations.
- 20 OctLe jour se leve CompetitionWin a book about the film plus a pair of tickets!
- 2 OctRay Winstone tickets and prize giveaway!Ray Winstone will make a special appearance at GFT next week - make sure you're there!
- 24 OctProgramme Note: Le jour se lève In spite of an often-turbulent socio-political backdrop, the decade leading up to the outbreak of the Second World War was an extraordinarily fruitful one for French cinema...
- 7 OctProgramme Note: Palo AltoIt is nighttime in Palo Alto, California, a comfortable, if unremarkable, bedroom community on the fringes of San Francisco...
- 2 OctProgramme Note: Human CapitalBased on American author Stephen Amidon's 2004 novel of the same name, Human Capital has recently been confirmed as Italy's official submission for next year's foreign film category at the Academy Awards...
- Frozen Sing-A-Long Hello, We would like to offer you our apologies for the Snow Queen not being able to attend the screenings. Needless to say we were disappointed too. Best wishes Gavin Crosby Design and Digital Marketing Officer. GFT
- The ShipHi all, im hoping someone can help me source a copy of this? its for my father in laws xmas as he was so moved by the original, thank you x
- The ShipHi Suzanne, I'm afraid I don't think this is currently available anywhere at the moment. You could try asking the British Film Institute in case they have better luck. Best wishes Gavin Crosby Design and Digital Marketing Officer GFT
Glasgow’s centre for lovers of film, GFT has been leading the way in specialised cinema for forty years. From art house cinema to late night cult screenings and from classics back on the big screen to independent documentaries, there's something for everyone at GFT.
- The BabadookAn imaginative and tense horror from debut feature director Jennifer Kent. Fri 24 - Thu 30 Oct.
- SerenaThe depression-era tale of entrepreneurial-minded Serena Pemberton and her timber magnate husband George. From Fri 24 Oct.
- Nas: Time Is IllmaticNas: Time is Illmatic offers a unique account of Nas' evolution from young street poet to visionary MC. Mon 27 - Thu 30 Oct
- HighlanderHighlander is quintessential 80s cheese and a total popcorn classic. Psychotronic Cinema presents this much loved cult favourite in glorious 35mm. Thu 30 Oct.
- Mr TurnerMike Leigh’s latest, a historical biopic exploring the last quarter century in the life of the legendary painter J.M.W Turner. From Fri 31 Oct.
- Invasion of the Body SnatchersDon Siegel’s classic 1956 adaptation of Jack Finney’s novel The Body Snatchers remains one of the most chilling and powerful depictions of alien invasion. Fri 31 Oct - Sun 2 Nov.
- FrightFest Halloween The Dark Heart of CinemaAn all-day event guaranteed to rattle your senses, leaving you shocked and terrified for another year. Sat 1 Nov
- Blade Runner: The Final CutRidley Scott's science fiction masterpiece returns to the big screen in a special preview. Sun 14 Dec.
- The Imitation GameThe gripping true-life tale of Alan Turing, the genius British cryptologist who cracked the German Enigma Code during WWII. Fri 14 Nov - Thu 4 Dec
- CITIZENFOURA unique documentary that follows the exchanges of filmmaker Laura Poitras and Edward Snowden. Mon 3 - Thu 6 Nov.
- Seasons at GFTGlasgayScotland's annual celebration of LGBT culture, returns with an exciting selection of films.
- Seasons at GFTSci-Fi: Days of Fear and WonderA three-month celebration of film and television’s original blockbuster genre.
- Seasons at GFTFrench Film FestivalThe French Film Festival returns for its 22nd edition. Sun 9 - Mon 24 Nov.