What's on at GFTAll upcoming films and events →
- 18 AugWIN tickets + King Creosote's new album From Scotland with Love!Released on 21 July 2014, King Creosote's album From Scotland With Love is his first album since his Mercury-nominated collaborative record with Jon Hopkins, Diamond Mine...
- 11 AugWin tickets + prizes to Ari Folman's The Congress!Ari Folman's second feature The Congress screens at GFT from Friday 15 August...
- 28 JulWINWINWIN Mood Indigo bumper prize giveaway!We have a very exciting prize bundle up for grabs for Michel Gondry's new feature Mood Indigo...
- 21 AugProgramme Note: Two Days, One NightMoney has been a conspicuous theme throughout the oeuvre of Jean-Pierre and Luc Dardenne...
- 19 AugProgramme Note: From Scotland with LoveYou can tell an awful lot – and yet also very little – from the title of From Scotland With Love...
- 4 AugBig Star: Live in Memphis: Interview with filmmaker David Julian LeonardAfter an emotional premiere in singer Alex Chilton’s hometown of Memphis, filmmaker David Julian Leonard is bringing the film to Glasgow for its 3rd ever screening...
- WIN tickets + King Creosote's new album From Scotland with Love!Sigur Ros. Lots of emotion and beautiful melody, mysterious and other-worldly. But mostly because I tend to talk as much incomprehensible nonsense as Jonsi.
- WIN tickets + King Creosote's new album From Scotland with Love!Morrisey - 'cause I was looking for a job, then I found a job, and heaven knows I'm miserable now.
- WIN tickets + King Creosote's new album From Scotland with Love!Nick Drake - he put a subtle colour into the life that I was trying to make sense of. And I found her under a Northern Sky.
Glasgow’s centre for lovers of film, GFT has been leading the way in specialised cinema for forty years. From art house cinema to late night cult screenings and from classics back on the big screen to independent documentaries, there's something for everyone at GFT.
- God Help the GirlBelle and Sebastian frontman Stuart Murdoch makes his directorial debut in this enchanting indie-pop love letter to Glasgow’s music scene. From Sat 16 Aug.
- Two Days, One NightA hit at Cannes earlier this year, this outstanding film has been called a Twelve Angry Men of the 21st century. Fri 22 - Thu 28 Aug
- WakoldaAn intriguing, atmospheric tale based on director Lucía Puenzo’s own novel. Fri 22–Thu 28 Aug
- Hide Your Smiling FacesHide Your Smiling Faces follows two brothers as they try to come to terms with the death of a friend. Fri 22–Thu 28 Aug
- ZuluA rousing recreation of the siege of Rorke’s Drift in Natal, Africa on January 22 1879. Sun 24 & Tue 26 Aug
- AftershockA huge success in China before opening at Toronto International Film Festival in 2010. Wed 27 Aug.
- The Grand SeductionAn infinitely charming, breezy and winning comedy, starring Brendan Gleeson. Fri 29 Aug - Thu 4 Sep.
- Mystery RoadAn atmospheric, expertly controlled film of quietly escalating intensity. Fri 29 Aug - Thu 4 Sep.
- Night MovesA beautifully photographed move into a Hitchcock-style suspense story from the director of Meek’s Cutoff. Fri 29 Aug - Thu 4 Sep.
- Obvious ChildThis debut film from writer-director Gillian Robespierre is a refreshing and uproarious look at the reality of single life today. Fri 29 Aug - Thu 4 Sep.
- Seasons at GFTTo See OurselsAn entertaining opportunity tae think again about Scottish culture and identity.
- Seasons at GFTMiyazaki MasterworksTo celebrate Miyazaki's career, GYFF is putting on a retrospective of some of his best work.
- Seasons at GFTA Century of Chinese CinemaRare screenings of hard-to-see Chinese films along with classics new and old.