What's on at GFTAll upcoming films and events →
- 24 MarNext GFT Film Quiz 31 MarchThe GFT Film Quiz returns next Tuesday. Assemble your teams!
- 31 OctAfrica in Motion CompetitionWin a pair of tickets to Four Corners.
- 30 OctStatement from Glasgow Film's CEO Jaki McDougall on Creative Scotland's Regular Funded OrganisationsGlasgow Film comprising of the GFT, Glasgow Film Festival and Glasgow Short Film Festival is pleased to announce that it is to be part of the new Creative Scotland portfolio of Regular Funded organisations.
- 26 MarDeaf and Hard of Hearing Film Club (Visible Cinema)Freelance performer Ciaran Stewart talks to us about his experiences of going to the cinema and why he thinks the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Film Club is important...
- 24 MarVisible Cinema: Launch of GFT Deaf and Hard of Hearing Film ClubGlasgow Film Theatre today announced the launch of Visible Cinema, a monthly Film Club for deaf and hard of hearing audiences. The first initiative of its kind in Scotland, Visible Cinema launches on Tuesday 24 March.
- 20 MarProgramme Note: MommyAt a mere 25 years of age, the precocious Canadian director of Mommy, Xavier Dolan, has already made a strong impression...
- The FallingIs there any chance that The Falling will extend it's run into the weekend of 1st to 3rd May?
- Programme Note: King of Devil's IslandI truly love this film. However, I am curious as to whether or not "Erling" (C-19), is a "real" boy that was at Bostoy, and whether or not he died during the last escape attempt.(?)
- The FallingHi Louise, Thanks for your enquiry. The Falling will be playing for one week from 24-30 April at the times detailed above, and that will be the extent of it's run at GFT. Paul
Glasgow’s centre for lovers of film, GFT has been leading the way in specialised cinema for forty years. From art house cinema to late night cult screenings and from classics back on the big screen to independent documentaries, there's something for everyone at GFT.
- Sound & VisionThe very best of sonic cinema, along with live performances that showcase the most exciting blend of music and movie-going. April & May
- MommyFive years after his dazzling debut with I Killed My Mother, Xavier Dolan provides us with a captivating companion piece. Fri 20 Mar - Thu 2 Apr
- Technicolor DreamsCelebrating 100 years since the invention of Technicolor, this season features classic song and dance films, a landmark melodrama and a striking western.
- Wild TalesDamían Szifrón’s zesty black comedy weaves together six short tales of individuals on the verge of a complete meltdown. 27 March - 9 April
- Suite FrancaiseAdapted from the best-selling book by Irène Némirovsky, this is a powerful story of love, loss and the tragic existence of life during wartime. 27 March - 2 April
- Dior and IThis portrait of Dior and its celebrated employees pays homage to a range that is both legendary for its history whilst remaining forever relevant and up-to-date. 27 March - 2 April
- Life of BrianThis Good Friday join us for the Python group's hilarious, controversial and endlessly quotable religious satire. Fri 3 April (23.00)
- Blade Runner: The Final CutCited by many as one of the greatest sci-fi films of all time, this is the definitive version of Blade Runner, that simply must be seen on the big screen. Fri 3 - Thu 9 April
- Special EventsThe Fabulous StainsIntro by Adele Bethel, lead singer of Sons and Daughters: Sun 29 March (19.45)
- Special EventsLost RiverLive Satellite Q&A with Ryan Gosling: Thu 9 April
- Special EventsGeorge Kuchar's 'The Thursday People'Intro by LUX Scotland: Sun 5 April
- Special EventsBAFTA Shorts 2015Q&A with dirs Ainslie Henderson & Will Anderson: Thu 9 April