What's on at GFTAll upcoming films and events →
- 25 AugTake One Action!, Discover Indonesia, Pasolini and Arcade Fire: The Reflektor Tapes to feature at GFT in SeptemberThis September, the GFT programme features a variety of festivals, curated programmes and special guests.
- 7 JulGFT embraces music festival season with Sound & Vision film programmeThis summer, we're pleased to screen a number of films as part of our on-going Sound & Vision season.
- 7 JulWe look forward to the holidays this July and August with Summer Daze, Studio Ghibli Forever, and Sound & VisionGFT celebrate the arrival of summer with three seasons which embrace the holiday spirit.
- 27 Aug45 Years Programme Note‘I always hoped that it would feel like some kind of strange existential horror movie except in a mundane, ordinary setting.’
- 26 AugWIN 45 Years prize bundle!Andrew Haigh’s follow up to Weekend is a fascinating exploration of how even the strongest relationships can be threatened by jealousy, fear and insecurity.
- 20 AugThe Wolfpack Programme NoteOne of the most striking moments in The Wolfpack comes early on. A home video camera pans from a high apartment window, focusing on the street below. Children and teenagers cavort and wander in the evening light, dressed in Halloween costumes; their shrie
- Glasgore! Horror/Cult Cinema Discussion Groupdo you know in advance what subject matter you will be covering [e.g. do you have individual genres each month giallo, exploitation, supernatural etc...or is it just a mish mash of all forms of horror cinema?] looking forward to it regardless. I presume wednesday 2nd September 2015 is still happening...if so, I'm there!
- WIN two tickets to Al Pacino's Salomé and Wilde Salomémy favourite al pacino performance would have to be as the "I can't take it anymore" disbelieving lawyer in the little seen "and justice for all"...a classic of 80's cinema. he's unhinged, had enough and he ain't taking it no more [shades of peter finch in "network?]. he's comical, sad and full of pathos...and that's good enough in my book! a rare comedy outing from the man that should be filed alongside his other great performance in brian de palma's "carlito's way" [if you exclude the dodgy love interest part of the story]. that's my 2 cents, for what it's worth! I know its too late for the competition, I just wanted to urge people to see this movie if they get the chance...you won't regret it.
- WIN 45 Years prize bundle!writer-director John Huston as Noah Cross in Roman Polanski's "Chinatown" . he embodies evil and entitlement in this neo-noir masterpiece. his predatory character delivers some of the greatest lines ever [written by Oscar winner Robert Towne], including the chiller: "most people never have to face the fact that at the right time and the right place, they're capable of....anything", it's hard to imagine any character more unnerving in his casual malevolence. a special honorary mention should also go to Ruth Gordon for her stellar performances as the eccentric, baffling and inspiring Marjorie "Maude" Chardin in "Harold and Maude"  [sample dialogue: "REACH out. take a CHANCE. get HURT even. but play as well as you can"...right on, ruthy baby!]. For a whole different kind of Ruth check out her performance as the nutty, kindly neighbour from hell in another Polanski classic, "Rosemary's Baby". just imagine what your life would be like if you had a granny like her!
Glasgow’s centre for lovers of film, GFT has been leading the way in specialised cinema for forty years. From art house cinema to late night cult screenings and from classics back on the big screen to independent documentaries, there's something for everyone at GFT.
- Macbeth - Preview ScreeningA preview screening of Justin Kurzel's Macbeth starring Michael Fassbender and Marion Cotillard. Shot in locations including Skye and the Highlands, this is a brilliantly bold adaptation. Sun 27 Sep.
- September Programme on saleSeptember's programme is on sale now and is full of great new releases, Take One Action! and special events.
- Contemporary Cinema CourseYou can sign up for the new Contemporary Cinema Course now. Course starts Mon 19 Oct.
- Restaurant PartnersFind out about the mouth-watering deals our partner restaurants Côte Brasserie and Giraffe are offering to GFT ticket and CineCard holders...
- E-Newsletter Sign-UpNever miss a film – get our weekly listings straight to your inbox.
- GYFF Call for Applications!Glasgow Youth Film Festival will return for its eighth year in February 2016, and we are currently looking for team members!
- 45 YearsA fascinating exploration of how even the strongest relationships can be threatened by jealousy and insecurity. Fri 28 Aug - Thu 10 Sep.
- Scotland Loves Anime PassAttend all seven screenings with the Scotland Loves Anime Pass, plus a special screening on Mon 5 Oct available to pass holders only.
- Gemma BoveryA sunny and humorous story that conceals a dark and twisted undercurrent starring Gemma Arterton. Fri 28 Aug - Thu 3 Sep.