What's on at GFTAll upcoming films and events →
- 19 JunWin tickets to Evil Dead 2!Enter our competition and win two tickets to Friday night's late night classic Evil Dead 2!
- 13 JunAged 15-17? Join the GYFF 2014 Youth Team!Myriam tells us about her experience of curating the Glasgow Youth Film Festival.
- 13 JunGlasgow Youth Film Festival: Join the teamLooking for some amazing work experience in the arts? Want to make new friends?
- 11 JunMuch Ado About NothingWhen you have just made the biggest and best superhero blockbuster ever – Avengers Assemble – what do you do for an encore?
- 6 JunThe Guns of NavaroneFilmed on location in Rhodes and distinguished by Oscar-winning special effects, this thrilling Second World War adventure was a major box-office hit in 1961.
- 5 JunThérèse DesqueyrouxThe last project of the great French director Claude Miller before his death in April 2012 was his adaptation of François Mauriac's 1927 novel Thérèse Desqueyroux.
- NT Live: CoriolanusHi Elizabeth, You can purchase tickets online by clicking on the blue 'Buy Tickets' button above or by calling the Box Office on 0141 332 6535. Best, Jane
- Win tickets to Evil Dead 2!Catwoman!! Halle Berry's attempt was abysmal but I reckon Anne Hathaway was perfect so a Catwoman remake working as a sort of Dark Knight Rises spin-off has the potential to be fantastic!
- Win tickets to Evil Dead 2!I'd remake 'The Village'. I'd change the sequence so that the village-dwellers discover the truth earlier in the film and consequently rebel against their elders. The audience would then get to see them try to adjust to a world that is hundreds of years more advanced - a more compelling drama, I think!
Glasgow’s centre for lovers of film, GFT has been leading the way in specialised cinema for 39 years. From art house cinema to late night cult screenings and from classics back on the big screen to independent documentaries, there's something for everyone at GFT.
Building work has started on GFT's Cinema 3. Our opening hours during the building period are Monday - Thursday from 5pm, Friday from half an hour before the first film starts, Saturday from 11am and Sunday from 12 noon. A selection of refreshments and snacks will still be available during the build.
- GFT Cinema 3The building of your new sixty-seat screen starts on Monday 27 May in the first phase of a major redevelopment.
- Thérèse DesqueyrouxA young woman who marries a wealthy landowner struggles to reconcile herself to a loveless but privileged existence. Until Thu 20 Jun
- NT Live: The AudienceHelen Mirren reprises her role as Queen Elizabeth II in the highly-anticipated West End production. Tue 25 Jun (19.45)
- Much Ado About NothingJoss Whedon's sparkling retelling of the Shakespeare comedy updated to a modern day setting. Until Thu 27 Jun
- I Am BreathingWithin a year, Neil Platt goes from being a healthy young father to becoming completely paralysed from the neck down. Fri 21 & Sat 22 Jun
- Evil Dead IISam Raimi’s 1987 cult-hit horror sequel/remake Evil Dead 2 is a splat-stick, gore-filled, hyper-kinetic comedy horror. Fri 21 Jun (23.00)
- Before MidnightOne of the great movie romances of the modern era achieves its richest and fullest expression in Before Midnight. Fri 21 - Thu 27 Jun
- The King of Marvin GardensJack Nicholson stars in this captivating, beautifully acted tale of impossible dreams and lost hope. Sun 23 & Tue 25 Jun
- Before Sunrise/Before SunsetThe first two films in Richard Linklater’s Before… trilogy are an affectionate portrait of an amorphous romance. Sun 23 Jun (14.30)
- Munch 150This celebration of the 150th anniversary of the birth of Edvard Munch offers a private view of the exhibition in Oslo. Thu 27 Jun (19.00)