What's on at GFTAll upcoming films and events →
- 10 MarWIN tickets to Ali Blue Eyes!A pair of tickets are up for grabs for Claudio Giovannesi’s acclaimed, award-winning feature...
- 29 JanCapital Funding AwardGlasgow Film Theatre is pleased to have been awarded £536,900 Stage One Capital Funding from Creative Scotland.
- 29 NovCinema 3 opens its doors to the public!Our new Cinema 3 officially opens today with a 1.15pm screening of immersive documentary Leviathan...
- 5 MarProgramme Note: TeenageThe history of teens onscreen is a history of rock ‘n’ roll and Tuesday Weld; angst, rebellion and teenage kicks; of James Dean’s red jacket...
- 10 FebProgramme Note: Dallas Buyers ClubRon Woodroof first appeared in the pages of the Dallas Morning News in May 1989...
- 5 FebProgramme notes: BastardsThe scene opens on Paris, drenched by a torrential rainfall. A man in his early fifties walks to a window...
- WIN tickets to Ali Blue Eyes!Life is Beautiful. Manages to tread the delicate fine line of a movie with comic elements set during the Holocaust by focusing more on the father/son relationship. Also has the finest sad-then-happy ending since "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest".
- WIN tickets to Ali Blue Eyes!'Caro Diario' by Nanni Moretti (1993) - And I have no idea why I'm so unfair and prejudiced towards so many other excellent Italian films!!! Perhaps it's the Vespa rude around Rome :)
- WIN tickets to Ali Blue Eyes!The competition winner is David Clark! Congratulations David, and thanks to everyone for entering, hope you all enjoy the film. David, I'll be in touch regarding the collection of your tickets. Best, Jane
Glasgow’s centre for lovers of film, GFT has been leading the way in specialised cinema for forty years. From art house cinema to late night cult screenings and from classics back on the big screen to independent documentaries, there's something for everyone at GFT.
During Glasgow Film Festival, the box office will be open from 10.30am until the last film at GFT has started.
All films listed to the left are screening at GFT. To see a full list of all films in venues across the city, please see www.glasgowfilm.org/festival
- The Grand Budapest HotelThe hectic lives at a famous continental hotel reflect Europe's interwar trauma in Wes Anderson's new charmer. Fri 7 - Thurs 20 Mar
- Stranger by the LakeThis astonishingly frank portrayal of carnal love and savage mortality is a beautifully realised labyrinthine thriller. Fri 7 - Thu 13 Mar
- Those Happy YearsDaniele Luchetti returns to his childhood in the 1970s for this boisterous, beguiling portrait of a family in crisis. Wed 12 March (18.00)
- Ali Blue EyesClaudio Giovannesi’s acclaimed, award-winning feature brings a fresh, sharply observant eye to the life of a teenager. WEd 12 March (20.20)
- The Great WarMario Monicelli’s award-winning 1959 masterpiece deftly walks the fine line between tragedy and comedy. Thu 13 March (17.30)
- The Fifth WheelLoosely based on the life of Ernesto Fioretti, this is a bittersweet tale of the extraordinary moments in ordinary lives. Thu 13 March (20.20)
- The RocketA boy who is believed to bring bad luck to his tribe, leads his family across Laos in search of a place to stay. Fri 14 - Thu 20 March
- An Oversimplification of Her BeautyA playful, exhilaratingly inventive reflection on the messy, heartbreaking business of unrequited love. Fri 14 - Sun 16 March
- Under the SkinScarlett Johansson is unforgettable as an alien entity that falls to earth and assumes the form of a seductress. Fri 14 - Thu 27 March
- The GeneralBuster Keaton’s silent classic is a masterclass in comic direction, inspired by true events. Sat 15 & Sun 16 March
- Seasons at GFTNT LiveLive broadcasts and encore screenings from the National Theatre in London.
- Seasons at GFTItalian Film FestivalAn exciting and diverse line-up of contemporary and classic Italian cinema. Fri 7 - Thu 13 Mar
- Seasons at GFTRSCLive broadcasts from the Royal Shakespeare Company in Stratford-upon-Avon.