What's on at GFTAll upcoming films and events →
- 7 JulGFT embraces music festival season with Sound & Vision film programmeThis summer, we're pleased to screen a number of films as part of our on-going Sound & Vision season.
- 7 JulWe look forward to the holidays this July and August with Summer Daze, Studio Ghibli Forever, and Sound & VisionGFT celebrate the arrival of summer with three seasons which embrace the holiday spirit.
- 22 MayGFT in June: Martin Scorsese presents, plus Joshua Oppenheimer’s The Look of Silence, and new digital print of Fellini’s 8 1/2GFT’s June programme features new releases, much-loved classics, and carefully curated seasons.
- 30 JulHappy Families: Parent-child relationships in filmIn anticipation of the release of 52 Tuesdays, we've been discussing depictions of child-parent relationships in cinema.
- 27 JulInterview with Josephine DeckerAhead of our screenings of Butter on the Latch and Thou Wast Mild and Lovely, director Josephine Decker chats to the ICO's Selina Robertson about her creative process.
- 24 JulGetting Animated: Our Favourite AnimationsAs our Studio Ghibli Forever season approaches we take a look at some of our favourite animations.
- IrisLove the place, civilisation
- Happy Families: Parent-child relationships in filmSecrets and Lies - Mike Leigh 1996 A successful Black woman discovers her birth mother is a working class white woman[ played brilliantly by Brenda Blethyn] After initial denial by the mother, the film shows their developing relationship and love unfolding . Its very funny and poignant.
- Mark Kermode and Simon Mayo: The Movie DoctorsHello to Jason Issacs How do I buy tickets for this show? Kind regards Alison
Glasgow’s centre for lovers of film, GFT has been leading the way in specialised cinema for forty years. From art house cinema to late night cult screenings and from classics back on the big screen to independent documentaries, there's something for everyone at GFT.
- The Legend of Barney ThomsonRobert Carlyle's directorial debut is a a twisted comedy of accidental murder, shot completely in Glasgow. Fri 24 Jul - Thu 6 Aug
- E-Newsletter Sign-UpNever miss a film – get our weekly listings straight to your inbox.
- EdenDirector Mia Hansen-Løve offers a look into the burgeoning French ‘Touch’ electronic dance music (EDM) scene in 1990s Paris. Fri 24 Jul - Thu 6 Aug
- You're Ugly TooThe debut film from Irish writer/director Mark Noonan, You’re Ugly Too tells the story of a young girl who is forced to live with her uncle after the death of her mother. Fri 31 Jul - Thu 6 Aug.
- MarshlandImagine True Detective set in the Andaluz swamplands and you begin to get the measure of Alberto Rodríguez ’s atmospheric, richly textured Spanish murder mystery. Fri 7 - Thu 20 Aug
- TheebThere are echoes of Kipling and classic westerns in Naji Abu Nowar’s thrilling, award-winning adventure. Fri 14 - Thu 20 Aug
- 52 TuesdaysAn emotional tale of growing up and gaining wisdom graced by some amazing performances. Mon 3 + Fri 7 - Thu 13 Aug.
- The Diary of a Teenage GirlA stark but humorous story of growing up in 1970s San Francisco, with rich period detail and a brilliant central performance from Bel Powley. Fri 7 - Thu 13 Aug
- Mistress AmericaA kinetic screwball comedy from Noah Baumbach about chasing dreams, creating families and stealing cats. Fri 14 - Thu 20 Aug.