What's on at GFTAll upcoming films and events →
- 22 MayGFT in June: Martin Scorsese presents, plus Joshua Oppenheimer’s The Look of Silence, and new digital print of Fellini’s 8 1/2GFT’s June programme features new releases, much-loved classics, and carefully curated seasons.
- 22 MayGlasgow Film Annual Review 2014-2015 published as submissions open for Glasgow Film Festival 2016Glasgow Film celebrates a hugely successful year as the call for film submissions for the 2016 Festival opens.
- 29 AprGlasgow Film Theatre publishes free For All e-book featuring new writing from Janice Galloway, Ewan Morrison and moreWe're excited to announce the publication of For All, a free e-book exploring equality.
- 25 JunProgramme Note: Slow WestSlow West is the debut feature film of Scottish director, John Maclean. Merging both traditional and revised conventions of the Western genre with a striking visual style, Maclean graduates from his BAFTA winning short Pitch Black Heist to tackle an adven
- 25 JunProgramme Note: Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of BeliefAlex Gibney’s adaptation of Jeffrey Wright’s book, Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood & The Prison of Belief, on the rise of the most notorious of new religions, reaches us – by the skin of its teeth, seemingly – through a predictable fugue of potential
- 25 JunLife on the Frontier: Our Favourite WesternsWith the release of Slow West (Fri 26 Jun - Thu 9 Jul) we discuss one of cinema's enduring genres: the Western. Add your opinion in the comments section for a chance to win tickets to Slow West. Competition closes Wednesday 1 July.
- Searching for Sleuths: Our Top 5 DetectivesHi everyone, Thanks for entering the competition. I'm pleased to announce the winner is Vanessa, with Brendan Frye from Brick. Vanessa, I'll be in touch regarding the collection of your prize. Best, Jane
- Life on the Frontier: Our Favourite WesternsIt would have been Shane, but someone's beaten me to it. So it has to be "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" (1967) directed by Sergio Leone. The previous 2 films in the "dollars" trilogy are great too, but it's this film where all the things to like about these films are really at their best: particularly Ennio morricone's soundtrack. The scene at the end where Tuco (Eli Wallach) runs through the cemetery looking for the grave and the gold is one of my favourite scenes ever: in no small part because of the soundtrack ("The Ecstasy of Gold")
- This Is Spinal Tap ....yes, I'll put my hands up to being taken in 30 years ago....
Glasgow’s centre for lovers of film, GFT has been leading the way in specialised cinema for forty years. From art house cinema to late night cult screenings and from classics back on the big screen to independent documentaries, there's something for everyone at GFT.
- E-Newsletter Sign-UpNever miss a film – get our weekly listings straight to your inbox.
- July/August Programme On SaleThis summer's selection of cinema is now on sale now, including the Amy, Love & Mercy, The Legend of Barney Thomson, a special Summer Daze season and a Ghibli season!
- Slow WestThe directorial debut of Scottish filmmaker John Maclean is a brazen and pronounced revisionist Western starring Michael Fassbender and Kodi Smit-McPhee. Fri 26 Jun - Thu 9 Jul.
- Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of BeliefRelentless documentarian Alex Gibney turns his sights to the secret world of the Church of Scientology. Fri 26 Jun - Thu 2 Jul.
- Mr HolmesIan McKellan brings Sherlock Holmes to life like never before, playing the famed detective in the twilight of his years. Fri 19 Jun - Thu 2 Jul.
- The OvernightA weird look at contemporary thirty-something coupledom that conceals an emotional tenderness behind the breezy and outrageous humour. Fri 3 - Thu 9 Jul.
- That Sugar FilmThe film follows the devastating effects of a high sugar diet of low-fat yoghurts, breakfast cereals and muesli bars on Gameau’s physical and mental wellbeing. Fri 3 - Sat 4 Jul.
- AmyAmy tells the incredible story of six-time Grammy-winner Amy Winehouse. Fri 3 - Thu 16 Jul.
- DeliveranceWatch out for banjos. Sun 5 Jul.
- Love & MercyPaul Dano and John Cusack play the different generations of Brian Wilson in this bold, striking and inventive portrait of the mercurial singer. Fri 10 - Thu 23 Jul.