What's on at GFTAll upcoming films and events →
- 29 JanCapital Funding AwardGlasgow Film Theatre is pleased to have been awarded £536,900 Stage One Capital Funding from Creative Scotland.
- 29 NovCinema 3 opens its doors to the public!Our new Cinema 3 officially opens today with a 1.15pm screening of immersive documentary Leviathan...
- 14 NovWin tickets to The 48 Hour Film Project!Enter our competition and see Scotland's speediest filmmakers go head to head!
- 5 MarProgramme Note: TeenageThe history of teens onscreen is a history of rock ‘n’ roll and Tuesday Weld; angst, rebellion and teenage kicks; of James Dean’s red jacket...
- 10 FebProgramme Note: Dallas Buyers ClubRon Woodroof first appeared in the pages of the Dallas Morning News in May 1989...
- 5 FebProgramme notes: BastardsThe scene opens on Paris, drenched by a torrential rainfall. A man in his early fifties walks to a window...
- IFF: SandraHi Joyce, Thanks for your feedback. Can you tell me exactly what the problem is so I can pass it on the the Box Office Manager in order he can improve the service? Thanks, Jane
- Nymphomaniac Volume 1Hi there, Thanks for your comments. The reason Nymphomaniac has had such a short release at GFT is because the film's cinema run was from Saturday 22 February until Thursday 6 March. As Glasgow Film Festival did not finish until the 2 March, we could only show Nymphomaniac for four days, however other cinemas in Glasgow have been showing both volumes from 22 February. In order to show the films consecutively, it was difficult to programme both volumes into evening slots, therefore we had two afternoon slots, and two evening slots of Nymphomaniac Volume 1. Best, Jane
- The Godfather Part III would like to find out if you are showing The Godfather part 2 in the evenings or weekend? Kind Regards
Glasgow’s centre for lovers of film, GFT has been leading the way in specialised cinema for forty years. From art house cinema to late night cult screenings and from classics back on the big screen to independent documentaries, there's something for everyone at GFT.
During Glasgow Film Festival, the box office will be open from 10.30am until the last film at GFT has started.
All films listed to the left are screening at GFT. To see a full list of all films in venues across the city, please see www.glasgowfilm.org/festival
- The Best Offer Oscar-winning actor Geoffrey Rush is on commanding form in this elegantly intriguing mystery. Fri 7 March (17.45)
- Long Live LibertyNominated for twelve David di Donatello awards, including Best Film and Best Actor. Sat 8 March (15.15)
- A Five Star LifeA shrewd reflection on the life of the career woman that has earned comparisons with Up in the Air. Sat 8 March (20.20)
- Fellini's RomaThe digital restoration ensures that this incomparable guide to the Eternal City is looking better than ever. Sun 9 March (14.15)
- How Strange to Be Named FedericoEttore Scola offers a warm tribute to his close friend and fellow director Federico Fellini in this acclaimed documentary. Sun 9 March (19.30)
- The Ideal CityActor turned director Luigi Lo Cascio stars as talented architect and fervent environmentalist Michele Mon 10 March (18.00)
- A Perfect FamilyA lonely man creates a family Christmas by hiring professional actors to play different family members. Mon 10 March (20.20)
- SandraA modern day interpretation of the Electra myth transformed into a stark, hothouse melodrama. Tue 11 March (17.45)
- The Grand Budapest HotelThe hectic lives at a famous continental hotel reflect Europe's interwar trauma in Wes Anderson's new charmer. Fri 7 - Thurs 20 Mar
- Stranger by the LakeThis astonishingly frank portrayal of carnal love and savage mortality is a beautifully realised labyrinthine thriller. Fri 7 - Thu 13 Mar
- Seasons at GFTNT LiveLive broadcasts and encore screenings from the National Theatre in London.
- Seasons at GFTItalian Film FestivalAn exciting and diverse line-up of contemporary and classic Italian cinema. Fri 7 - Thu 13 Mar
- Seasons at GFTRSCLive broadcasts from the Royal Shakespeare Company in Stratford-upon-Avon.