What's on at GFTAll upcoming films and events →
- 25 SepScotland Loves Anime CompetitionWin a Scotland Loves Anime pass
- 8 SepWIN two tickets to Al Pacino's Salomé and Wilde SaloméWin two tickets to see the double bill of Salomé and Wilde Salomé on Sunday 21 September, including live satellite Q&A with Al Pacino.
- 3 SepCancellation: Film Discussion Group
- 29 SepProgramme Note: A Spell to Ward Off the DarknessA lot is intuited about A Spell to Ward off the Darkness from the typography of its title alone...
- 23 SepProgramme Note: IdaPolish director Pawel Pawlikowski’s Ida (2013) represents a return to his country of origin after two films set in England...
- 18 SepProgramme Note: Down by LawDown by Law hailed a significant moment in the career of Jim Jarmusch, as the ‘American original’ stretched out from the relative constraints of his previous two films...
- SLA Weekend PassDear Reader, I'm not sure what I'm commenting on. Yey anime =^.^= Looking forward to spending the weekend drinking beer and watching anime with my girlfriend. Lots of love, Marcus.
- Dragonball Z: Battle of the GodsIs the edinburgh showing also in japanese or english?
- Dragonball Z: Battle of the GodsNo offense to the English dub fans (I heard that Funimation and the dub actors did a pretty good job on this one), but I'm so excited that this is the original Japanese version! CHA LA, HEAD CHA LA~ Son Goku, Su...Super Saiya-jin!? Baka-na! Mezase Tenkaichi~ NO.1 NO.1 NO.1 sore wa dare! Roman o tsukamitore tenka-ichi (Number 1! Number 1! Number 1! That’s who you are! Take hold of the romance, the greatest in the world!)
Glasgow’s centre for lovers of film, GFT has been leading the way in specialised cinema for forty years. From art house cinema to late night cult screenings and from classics back on the big screen to independent documentaries, there's something for everyone at GFT.
- Peaches Christ's Bear-barellaAn interactive and immersive performance from Peaches Christ plus a screening of Barbarella. Fri 10 Oct.
- What We Did on Our HolidayAn uplifting family drama from the creators of Outnumbered. Fri 26 Sep - Thu 2 Oct.
- A Most Wanted ManAnton Corbijn’s adaptation of John le Carré’s novel is a smart, subtle and confident thriller. Fri 26 Sep – Thu 2 Oct.
- IdaBeautifully composed in black and white, Ida is a masterful evocation of intimate dilemmas and the weight of history. Fri 26 - Thu 2 Oct.
- At BerkeleyDirector Frederick Wiseman’s latest behind-the-scenes foray into American institutions. Sun 28 - Mon 29 Sep.
- Night Will FallThe remarkable story of a film which lay in the vaults of London’s Imperial War Museum for forty years. Mon 29 - Thu 2 Oct
- Gone GirlDavid Fincher’s adaptation of Gillian Flynn’s global best seller features an all-star cast in a tangled tale of love, lies and deceit in recession-era New York. Fri 3 - Thu 23 Oct.
- Magic in the MoonlightWoody Allen’s latest film signals the director’s return to lighter-hearted territory. Fri 3 - Thu 9 Oct
- Tony Benn: WIll and TestamentWill and Testament reveals a very human face behind the political mask. Fri 3 - Mon 6 Oct.
- Human CapitalMatilde Gioli and Valeria Bruni Tedeschi, star in this slick, stylish fusion of class critique and murder mystery. Fri 3 - Thu 9 Oct
- Seasons at GFTBlues in the NightA season that explores four distinctive European variants on the iconic noir style.
- Seasons at GFTGlasgayScotland's annual celebration of LGBT culture, returns with an exciting selection of films.
- Seasons at GFTTake One ActionTake One Action returns to GFT. Fri 26 Sep - Thu 2 Oct.