What's on at GFTAll upcoming films and events →
- 15 SepGlasgow Film Festival announces Wings of Desire at Paisley Abbey as a national focus of BFI LOVE seasonGlasgow Film Festival is excited to announce an immersive screening of Wim Wenders’ city symphony Wings of Desire on Sunday 1 November
- 25 AugTake One Action!, Discover Indonesia, Pasolini and Arcade Fire: The Reflektor Tapes to feature at GFT in SeptemberThis September, the GFT programme features a variety of festivals, curated programmes and special guests.
- 7 JulGFT embraces music festival season with Sound & Vision film programmeThis summer, we're pleased to screen a number of films as part of our on-going Sound & Vision season.
- 2 OctMacbeth Programme NoteMacbeth is by no means the only Shakespeare play to have lived a full and varied life on screen.
- 18 SepProgramme Note: TangerinesTangerines, Estonia's entry for best foreign language feature at this year's Oscars begins by briefly providing contextual information.
- 11 SepIrrational Man Programme NoteChris Buckle suggests that Woody Allen's films are best understood in relation to each other...
- Wings of Desire at Paisley AbbeyHello, Do you have a returns or waiting list for this event? I'm just wondering if there might be a chance of getting a ticket...
- Wings of Desire at Paisley AbbeyHi Mhairi, We are not currently operating any returns or a stand-by list for the event. However, there will be a screening of the film at GFT the following day, preceded by the recorded music from the event at the Abbey. http://www.glasgowfilm.org/theatre/whats_on/7825_wings_of_desire Best wishes Gavin Crosby GFT
- It's a Wonderful LifeJust tried to purchase 5 tickets for Its a Wonderful Life on 18 December. I went through the full process of purchase but was told there was an error at the end, but I may have been charged. Can you let me know what stage this is at. wIth thanks
Glasgow’s centre for lovers of film, GFT has been leading the way in specialised cinema for forty years. From art house cinema to late night cult screenings and from classics back on the big screen to independent documentaries, there's something for everyone at GFT.
- Restaurant PartnersFind out about the mouth-watering deals our partner restaurants Côte Brasserie and Giraffe are offering to GFT ticket and CineCard holders...
- E-Newsletter Sign-UpNever miss a film – get our weekly listings straight to your inbox.
- Scotland Loves AnimeFull 2015 programme on sale now! Fri 9 - Sun 11 Oct.
- 99 HomesWriter/director Ramin Bahrani has a reputation for creating gripping character-based dramas, and 99 Homes continues his winning streak. Fri 25 Sep - Thu 8 Oct
- MacbethMichael Fassbender and Marion Cotillard star as Macbeth and Lady Macbeth in this visceral interpretation of ‘the Scottish play’. Fri 2 - Thu 15 Oct
- Fidelio: Alice's Journey‘Easily the most fascinating film to come along and challenge traditional gender roles in the past year’ - Variety. Fri 2 - Thu 8 Oct
- The Alcohol YearsCarol Morley's evocative study of 80s culture. Preceded by a 16mm screening of Clio Bernard's Random Acts of Intimacy. Mon 5 Oct
- SicarioThe latest film by director Denis Villeneuve is a bracing and brutal look at the escalating war against drugs between the U.S and Mexico. Fri 9 - Thu 15 Oct.
- SuffragetteThis is an important and compelling story, told by a female writer (Abi Morgan) and director (Sarah Gavron), and with an all-star female cast. Mon 12 - Thu 29 Oct.