What's on at GFTAll upcoming films and events →
- 7 JulGFT embraces music festival season with Sound & Vision film programmeThis summer, we're pleased to screen a number of films as part of our on-going Sound & Vision season.
- 7 JulWe look forward to the holidays this July and August with Summer Daze, Studio Ghibli Forever, and Sound & VisionGFT celebrate the arrival of summer with three seasons which embrace the holiday spirit.
- 22 MayGFT in June: Martin Scorsese presents, plus Joshua Oppenheimer’s The Look of Silence, and new digital print of Fellini’s 8 1/2GFT’s June programme features new releases, much-loved classics, and carefully curated seasons.
- 30 JulHappy Families: Parent-child relationships in filmIn anticipation of the release of 52 Tuesdays, we've been discussing depictions of child-parent relationships in cinema.
- 27 JulInterview with Josephine DeckerAhead of our screenings of Butter on the Latch and Thou Wast Mild and Lovely, director Josephine Decker chats to the ICO's Selina Robertson about her creative process.
- 24 JulGetting Animated: Our Favourite AnimationsAs our Studio Ghibli Forever season approaches we take a look at some of our favourite animations.
- Man with a Movie Camera Love this film But you would have to have In the nursey live to do the music to this. in the GFT
- Double Bill: Jean de florette & Manon des sourcesClassic i wish GFT would show more world flavours on the Screen
- The Legend of Barney ThomsonTotally disagree with the above negative comments. I went with four friends and we all LOVED it! So funny! Glasgow is of course a beautiful city but this was a MOVIE not a travelogue and its people are renowned for their sense of humour which was evident here. Go see it!
Glasgow’s centre for lovers of film, GFT has been leading the way in specialised cinema for forty years. From art house cinema to late night cult screenings and from classics back on the big screen to independent documentaries, there's something for everyone at GFT.
- The Legend of Barney ThomsonRobert Carlyle's directorial debut is a a twisted comedy of accidental murder, shot completely in Glasgow. Fri 24 Jul - Thu 6 Aug
- E-Newsletter Sign-UpNever miss a film – get our weekly listings straight to your inbox.
- July/August Programme On SaleThis summer's selection of cinema is now on sale now, including the Amy, Love & Mercy, The Legend of Barney Thomson, a special Summer Daze season and a Ghibli season!
- EdenDirector Mia Hansen-Løve offers a look into the burgeoning French ‘Touch’ electronic dance music (EDM) scene in 1990s Paris. Fri 24 Jul - Thu 6 Aug
- 13 MinutesThe story of the 1939 incident in which German factory worker Georg Elser attempted to single-handedly assassinate Hitler. Fri 24 - Thu 30 Jul.
- Best of EnemiesA captivating look at a pivotal time in American history, seen through the clashing of two perfectly opposed thinkers. Tue 28 - Thu 30 Jul.
- The ReunionReal-life artist turned filmmaker Anna Oddell plays a fictionalised version of herself in this metatextual film based on real events. Fri 31 Jul - Mon 3 Aug
- You're Ugly TooThe debut film from Irish writer/director Mark Noonan, You’re Ugly Too tells the story of a young girl who is forced to live with her uncle after the death of her mother. Fri 31 Jul - Thu 6 Aug.
- La Grande BouffeReviled upon its release and still renowned as one of the most thorough chronicles of excess ever committed to film. Sun 26 - Tue 28 Jul.