What's on at GFTAll upcoming films and events →
- 29 DecGFT Film Quiz CancelledUnfortunately, we have had to cancel the GFT Film Quiz due to take place on Tue 30 Dec. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
- 31 OctAfrica in Motion CompetitionWin a pair of tickets to Four Corners.
- 30 OctStatement from Glasgow Film's CEO Jaki McDougall on Creative Scotland's Regular Funded OrganisationsGlasgow Film comprising of the GFT, Glasgow Film Festival and Glasgow Short Film Festival is pleased to announce that it is to be part of the new Creative Scotland portfolio of Regular Funded organisations.
- 5 MarProgramme Note: Still AliceBased on Lisa Genova's 2007 novel of the same name, Still Alice has been praised for its sympathetic and subtle approach to Alzheimer's disease.
- 28 FebProgramme Note: White GodWriter and director Kornél Mundruczó has observed an imbalance of power and a political shift in his home nation of Hungary, and seized upon it to frame the subject of his latest feature, White God.
- 27 FebConversations About Cinema: SelmaHere at GFT, we're really inspired by a new initiative that the Watershed Cinema in Bristol has started which aims to get people talking about film...
- Wasted TimeI can't manage to see the film tomorrow. Will it get a wider release? Any idea when?
- Warsaw UprisingThis is a fantastic film . I got the DVD a couple of months ago . It has English subtitles . Would be great to have seen on big screen though .
- NT Live: A View From The BridgeI'm having the same problem with the NT Live 26th March - I can't get anywhere and I can't phone the Box Office when I'm at work.:-(
Glasgow’s centre for lovers of film, GFT has been leading the way in specialised cinema for forty years. From art house cinema to late night cult screenings and from classics back on the big screen to independent documentaries, there's something for everyone at GFT.
- Hard BoiledThe only film to truly challenge Die Hard’s crown as ‘the greatest action film of all time’, Hard Boiled showcases John Woo at his very best. Fri 13 March
- Glasgow Short Film FestivalGSFF returns for five days of screenings, special events and parties. 11-15 March
- China Is NearMarco Bellocchio’s stinging black comedy is a splendidly caustic excursion into class conflict and sexual politics. Mon 9 March (17.50)
- Darker Than MidnightSebastiano Riso’s debut feature tells the true story of the teenage boy who became the renowned drag queen Fuxia in Rome’s historic gay bar Muccassassina. Tue 10 March (18.00)
- Still AliceJulianne Moore stars as Alice Howland, a renowned linguistics professor diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimer’s. Fri 6 - Thu 19 Mar
- Appropriate BehaviourA smart, self-deprecating saga of arrested development makes Akhavan a talent to watch. Fri 6 - Thu 12 Mar.
- White Bird in a BlizzardThe latest film from Gregg Araki is a dreamy and emotionally intense adaptation Laura Kasischke’s novel of the same name. Fri 6 - Thu 12 Mar
- X+YNathan is a socially awkward maths prodigy who winds up on a journey to Taiwan that will change his life. Understated, beautifully acted and completely wonderful. Fri 13 - Thu 26 Mar.