What's on at GFTAll upcoming films and events →
- 31 OctAfrica in Motion CompetitionWin a pair of tickets to Four Corners.
- 30 OctStatement from Glasgow Film's CEO on Creative Scotland's Regular Funded OrganisationsGlasgow Film comprising of the GFT, Glasgow Film Festival and Glasgow Short Film Festival is pleased to announce that it is to be part of the new Creative Scotland portfolio of Regular Funded organisations.
- 20 OctLe jour se leve CompetitionWin a book about the film plus a pair of tickets!
- 26 NovWomen in Sci-Fi, the Teknowomen BlogTo coincide with our Teknowomen season, we decided to choose our favourite female sci-fi characters in film.
- 25 NovProgramme Note: Stations of the CrossStations of the Cross is formally divided into fourteen chapters, each consisting of one shot, following fourteen year old Maria (newcomer Lea van Acken) as she prepares for confirmation.
- 24 NovProgramme Note: 2001: A Space OdysseyIn 1968, when most people alive today – to steal Arthur C Clarke’s phrase – had not even been born, Stanley Kubrick made his acknowledged masterpiece. Experiencing it in 2014, perhaps for the first time and 42 years since the most recent manned Moon landi
- 2001: A Space Odyssey Why is the run time only 2h 15 m and not the full 2h 40m?
- 2001: A Space Odyssey Hi, The BFI have now amended their information about the screenings of 2001: "The digital print runs 147min in total (not 141min as previously advertised). The film has play-in music to parts 1 and 2. Please note, an intermission card will appear on screen at the end of part 1 but there will not be an interval." Quoted from BFI website. I hope this helps to clarify what will be screened. Best Wishes Gavin Crosby GFT
- Women in Sci-Fi, the Teknowomen BlogEllen Ripley Ripley Ripley Ripley So good she lead the way in 4 Alien films She was so strong a woman in the films she was cloned back from the dead to complete the Quadrilogy. She must be The strongest female character in a leading role she would beat Sarah Connor and John McLean in a ammo and vest competition
Glasgow’s centre for lovers of film, GFT has been leading the way in specialised cinema for forty years. From art house cinema to late night cult screenings and from classics back on the big screen to independent documentaries, there's something for everyone at GFT.
- Blade Runner: The Final CutRidley Scott's science fiction masterpiece returns to the big screen in a special preview. Sun 14 Dec.
- The Imitation GameThe gripping true-life tale of Alan Turing, the genius British cryptologist who cracked the German Enigma Code during WWII. Fri 14 Nov - Thu 4 Dec
- Winter SleepWinner of the Palme d’Or at the 2014 Cannes, Nuri Bilge Ceylan’s latest film is a grand examination of the significant divide between the rich and poor. Fri 21 - Sun 30 Nov.
- My Old LadyThe debut feature from veteran playwright Israel Horovitz, this film features effortlessly elegant performances from an all-star cast. Fri 21 - Thu 27 Nov.
- PlaytimeGenerally considered to be the Tati’s most daring film: a one of a kind movie that was the most expensive French film at the time of its release. Tue 25 & Wed 26 Nov.
- Stations of the CrossThis look at the life of a young 14-year-old girl growing up as part of a fundamentalist Catholic family is a moving study of faith today. Fri 28 Nov - Thu 4 Dec.
- I Am AliA new documentary looking at the life and relationships of the legendary fighter with never seen before footage and interviews. Fri 28 Nov - Thu 4 Dec.
- The HomesmanThe latest directorial outing for veteran actor Tommy Lee Jones is a revisionist western in the model of Kelly Reichardt’s Meek’s Cutoff. Fri 5 - Thu 11 Dec.
- GFT CineCardThe perfect gift for the film-lover in the family.
- It's A Wonderful LifeFrank Capra's classic returns for the festive season. From Fri 12 Dec.
- Seasons at GFTSci-Fi: Days of Fear and WonderA three-month celebration of film and television’s original blockbuster genre.
- Seasons at GFTNordic Film FestivalSome of the most vibrant films from the Nordic region are on show. Mon 1 - Mon 22 Dec.
- Seasons at GFTDavid Shrigley: An Evening of Words and ImagesDavid Shrigley will be discussing his new book and screening animations.