Here you'll find a round up of all the added extras we like to give you to support our year-round programme of great films and events. You can click to read interviews and articles ahead of upcoming events at GFT, programme notes written by local film journalists, academics and post-graduates which support our screenings and seasons and see video and photo coverage of our events. We'll also have staff recommendations and reviews.
We'd like to hear from you too - please leave any comments or feedback under each post.
- 24 OctProgramme Note: Le jour se lève In spite of an often-turbulent socio-political backdrop, the decade leading up to the outbreak of the Second World War was an extraordinarily fruitful one for French cinema...Read this blog post →
- 7 OctProgramme Note: Palo AltoIt is nighttime in Palo Alto, California, a comfortable, if unremarkable, bedroom community on the fringes of San Francisco... Read this blog post →
- 2 OctProgramme Note: Human CapitalBased on American author Stephen Amidon's 2004 novel of the same name, Human Capital has recently been confirmed as Italy's official submission for next year's foreign film category at the Academy Awards...Read this blog post →
- 29 SepProgramme Note: A Spell to Ward Off the DarknessA lot is intuited about A Spell to Ward off the Darkness from the typography of its title alone... Read this blog post →
- 23 SepProgramme Note: IdaPolish director Pawel Pawlikowski’s Ida (2013) represents a return to his country of origin after two films set in England... Read this blog post →
- 18 SepProgramme Note: Down by LawDown by Law hailed a significant moment in the career of Jim Jarmusch, as the ‘American original’ stretched out from the relative constraints of his previous two films... Read this blog post →
- 18 SepRemember – Your Vote CountsThere is an important decision to be made. The result will make history and change the lives of those involved for generations to come... Read this blog post →
- 10 SepToronto-Stars In Their EyesGlasgow Film Festival co-director reports from Toronto Film Festival. Read this blog post →
- 8 SepToronto: Where Has All The Sizzle Gone?Glasgow Film Festival co-director Allan Hunter reports from Toronto Film FestivalRead this blog post →
- 5 SepTORONTO: THE COURT IS NOW IN SESSIONGlasgow Film Festival co-director Allan Hunter reports from Toronto Film Festival. Read this blog post →