Here you'll find a round up of all the added extras we like to give you to support our year-round programme of great films and events. You can click to read interviews and articles ahead of upcoming events at GFT, programme notes written by local film journalists, academics and post-graduates which support our screenings and seasons and see video and photo coverage of our events. We'll also have staff recommendations and reviews.
We'd like to hear from you too - please leave any comments or feedback under each post.
- 18 SepProgramme Note: Down by LawDown by Law hailed a significant moment in the career of Jim Jarmusch, as the ‘American original’ stretched out from the relative constraints of his previous two films... Read this blog post →
- 18 SepRemember – Your Vote CountsThere is an important decision to be made. The result will make history and change the lives of those involved for generations to come... Read this blog post →
- 10 SepToronto-Stars In Their EyesGlasgow Film Festival co-director reports from Toronto Film Festival. Read this blog post →
- 8 SepToronto: Where Has All The Sizzle Gone?Glasgow Film Festival co-director Allan Hunter reports from Toronto Film FestivalRead this blog post →
- 5 SepTORONTO: THE COURT IS NOW IN SESSIONGlasgow Film Festival co-director Allan Hunter reports from Toronto Film Festival. Read this blog post →
- 28 AugTORONTO: GUARDIANS OF THE FILM GALAXYGlasgow Film Festival co-director Allan Hunter reports from Toronto Film Festival. Read this blog post →
- 21 AugProgramme Note: Two Days, One NightMoney has been a conspicuous theme throughout the oeuvre of Jean-Pierre and Luc Dardenne... Read this blog post →
- 19 AugProgramme Note: From Scotland with LoveYou can tell an awful lot – and yet also very little – from the title of From Scotland With Love... Read this blog post →
- 4 AugBig Star: Live in Memphis: Interview with filmmaker David Julian LeonardAfter an emotional premiere in singer Alex Chilton’s hometown of Memphis, filmmaker David Julian Leonard is bringing the film to Glasgow for its 3rd ever screening...Read this blog post →
- 4 AugProgramme Note: The Big PicnicBill Bryden’s The Big Picnic was originally written and performed in Govan in 1994...Read this blog post →