Here you'll find a round up of all the added extras we like to give you to support our year-round programme of great films and events. You can click to read interviews and articles ahead of upcoming events at GFT, programme notes written by local film journalists, academics and post-graduates which support our screenings and seasons and see video and photo coverage of our events. We'll also have staff recommendations and reviews.
We'd like to hear from you too - please leave any comments or feedback under each post.
- 29 SepProgramme Note: The FencerSteven Neish writes: 'It’s not hard to see how Klaus Härö's The Fencer might work as a Western.'Read this blog post →
- 26 SepProgramme Note: The Lovers and the DespotA story so strange it has to be true... In the 1970s, Kim Jong-Il hatched a plan to boost the North Korean film industry. Read this blog post →
- 19 SepThe Music of Merry Christmas, Mr LawrenceMerry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence (1983) is one of legendary Japanese director Nagisa Oshima’s last feature films, and also one of his most successful cinematic experiments. Read this blog post →
- 16 SepProgramme Note: Hunt for the WilderpeopleFar from being a small indie apertif, Hunt for the Wilderpeople has become the highest-grossing New Zealand film of all time.Read this blog post →
- 9 SepProgramme Note: Captain Fantastic‘It’s not an accident that it sounds like a superhero movie. It asks a question, which is: “Is he?”Read this blog post →
- 1 SepProgramme Note: Things to ComeMia Hansen-Løve’s follow up to Eden is a philosophical journey partly based on her own personal experiences.Read this blog post →
- 31 AugProgramme Note: Deep WaterDeep Water is the final film in our Adapting Miss Highsmith season.Read this blog post →
- 26 AugProgramme Note: The Talented Mr RipleyNearing the end of Adapting Miss Highsmith, we screen Anthony Minghella's adaptation of Highsmith's 'Ripliad'Read this blog post →
- 25 AugProgramme Note: Julieta & All About AlmodovarAhead of the release of Almodovar's latest film, we retrospectively look at some of his early films screening at GFT.Read this blog post →
- 23 AugProgramme Note: The Glass CellAdapting Miss Highsmith continues on Wednesday 24 August with Hans W. Geissendörfer's The Glass Cell.Read this blog post →