Here you'll find a round up of all the added extras we like to give you to support our year-round programme of great films and events. You can click to read interviews and articles ahead of upcoming events at GFT, programme notes written by local film journalists, academics and post-graduates which support our screenings and seasons and see video and photo coverage of our events. We'll also have staff recommendations and reviews.
We'd like to hear from you too - please leave any comments or feedback under each post.
- 21 MayProgramme Note: A Girl Walks Home Alone At NightBorn in England, and with both American and Iranian heritage, Amirpour pours a confluence of cultural ideas into her debut feature.Read this blog post →
- 21 MayReinventing the Genre: Our Favourite Genre MashupsWith Ana Lily Amirpour's Iranian Vampire Western A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night opening at GFT tomorrow, we discuss our films which reinvent, or subvert genres.Read this blog post →
- 14 MayProgramme Note: Clouds of Sils MariaIf upon watching Clouds of Sils Maria, the character of Maria Enders seems like a thinly-veiled representation of Juliette Binoche, the actor who plays her, then there’s a good reason for that.Read this blog post →
- 13 MayOur Top 6 Films About FilmmakingWith the release of Olivier Assayas' Clouds of Sils Maria tomorrow, and the reissue of Federico Fellini's 8 ½ next month, we take a look back at our favourite 'films about filmmaking'.Read this blog post →
- 7 May7 of Our Favourite Directorial DebutsTo coincide with Jon Stewart's directorial debut Rosewater, we thought we'd pick some of our favourite directorial debuts.Read this blog post →
- 4 MayHappy 100th Birthday Orson Welles!Our month-long season O For Orson celebrates the work of arguably one of the most important director/writer/actors ever to work in motion picturesRead this blog post →
- 30 Apr7 Remakes We Think Are Better Than the Original...With Thomas Vinterberg's Far From the Madding Crowd opening at GFT tomorrow, we started talking about our favourite remakes...Read this blog post →
- 29 AprProgramme Note: Far From the Madding Crowd‘It is difficult for a woman to define her feelings in language which is chiefly made by men to express theirs.’Read this blog post →
- 23 AprProgramme Note: The FallingThe Falling’s writer and director Carol Morley brings her first full length feature film to screen, marking the culmination of a career making predominantly documentaries.Read this blog post →
- 22 AprCannes: The Big PictureThis morning's announcement of the full programme for the Directors' Fortnight provided the last big piece of the 2015 Cannes jigsaw... Read this blog post →