Here you'll find a round up of all the added extras we like to give you to support our year-round programme of great films and events. You can click to read interviews and articles ahead of upcoming events at GFT, programme notes written by local film journalists, academics and post-graduates which support our screenings and seasons and see video and photo coverage of our events. We'll also have staff recommendations and reviews.
We'd like to hear from you too - please leave any comments or feedback under each post.
- 23 MayPop-Up! Programmers: Gregor Johnstone on Curating Artists' FilmPop-Up! Programmer Rosa Downing writes about an inspirational visit from artist and filmmaker Gregor Johnstone... Read this blog post →
- 21 MayProgramme Note: Something in the AirThe French title of Olivier Assayas’ latest film, Après mai, translates as ‘After May’, referring to the famous uprisings in the country during May of 1968...Read this blog post →
- 16 MayDeadline Cannes: Gatsby is Great!The skies turned grey and the rain began to tumble in Cannes this morning just as the assembled mass of the international press were waiting in an orderly fashion to savour their first glimpse of The Great Gatsby...Read this blog post →
- 7 MayPop-Up! Programmers: Refugee Week screeningsCatriona Reilly, a member of the Pop-Up! Programmers committee, tells us how the group got involved in programming films for Refugee Week... Read this blog post →
- 6 MayProgramme Note: A HijackingWhen asked why he had chosen to use the non-specific article ‘A’ rather than ‘The’ in his title, writer/director Tobias Lindholm explained, ‘the title distances the film from the action genre.Read this blog post →
- 29 AprProgramme Note: I'm So Excited!Pedro Almodóvar returns to his crazy comedy roots with the gloriously camp I’m So Excited! Read this blog post →
- 22 AprGreen blog: It's Earth Day!Over one billion people in 192 countries are taking action in their communities and helping to depict The Face of Climate Change...Read this blog post →
- 12 AprProgramme Note: The Place Beyond the PinesDerek Cianfrance’s ambitious third feature is a triptych, concerned with personal responsibility, family and, above all, legacy. Read this blog post →
- 10 AprPop-Up! Programmers: The Story So FarPop-Up! Programmers? What are Pop-Up! Programmers? That was my first reaction when I first picked up the leaflet outside GFT...Read this blog post →
- 8 AprProgramme Note: Neighbouring SoundsWith the powerhouse BRICS economies continuing to make headlines, in stark contrast with European doom and gloom, and with Rio de Janeiro’s imminent hosting of the World Cup...Read this blog post →