Here you'll find a round up of all the added extras we like to give you to support our year-round programme of great films and events. You can click to read interviews and articles ahead of upcoming events at GFT, programme notes written by local film journalists, academics and post-graduates which support our screenings and seasons and see video and photo coverage of our events. We'll also have staff recommendations and reviews.
We'd like to hear from you too - please leave any comments or feedback under each post.
- 28 FebProgramme Note: White GodWriter and director Kornél Mundruczó has observed an imbalance of power and a political shift in his home nation of Hungary, and seized upon it to frame the subject of his latest feature, White God. Read this blog post →
- 27 FebConversations About Cinema: SelmaHere at GFT, we're really inspired by a new initiative that the Watershed Cinema in Bristol has started which aims to get people talking about film...Read this blog post →
- 9 FebValentine's Day Competition!Win a pair of tickets to one of our Valentine's Day screenings, plus dinner for 2 at Le Bistro Beaumartin!Read this blog post →
- 2 Feb5 Unmissable Films at GYFFAhead of Glasgow Youth Film Festival this weekend, we thought we'd give you the low down on the exciting new releases which will screen as part of the festival this year. Read this blog post →
- 2 FebWIN tickets to Shaun the Sheep the Movie + goodie bag!Don't miss the Scottish Premiere of Shaun the Sheep the Movie on Wednesday 4 February!Read this blog post →
- 30 JanProgramme Note: Inherent ViceRegularly cited as one of the greatest living directors, it is not a surprise that Paul Thomas Anderson was the person who decided to undertake the challenge of adapting a Thomas Pynchon book...Read this blog post →
- 19 JanWhat is your favourite teen movie?WIN tickets to Clueless and Beyond Clueless!Read this blog post →
- 14 JanProgramme Note: WhiplashThe second feature from writer/director Damien Chazelle, Whiplash is both intensely original in its drive and passion, whilst also being a throwback to a myriad of archetypical film types.Read this blog post →
- 12 JanProgramme Note: FoxcatcherJohn du Pont was the heir to a massive fortune via a family whose high social stature can be traced all the way back to the American Revolution...Read this blog post →
- 5 JanProgramme Note: BirdmanIf you’re going to be in a superhero movie, you only get one chance. You’re that character forever.Read this blog post →