Here you'll find a round up of all the added extras we like to give you to support our year-round programme of great films and events. You can click to read interviews and articles ahead of upcoming events at GFT, programme notes written by local film journalists, academics and post-graduates which support our screenings and seasons and see video and photo coverage of our events. We'll also have staff recommendations and reviews.
We'd like to hear from you too - please leave any comments or feedback under each post.
- 26 AugProgramme Note: The Talented Mr RipleyNearing the end of Adapting Miss Highsmith, we screen Anthony Minghella's adaptation of Highsmith's 'Ripliad'Read this blog post →
- 25 AugProgramme Note: Julieta & All About AlmodovarAhead of the release of Almodovar's latest film, we retrospectively look at some of his early films screening at GFT.Read this blog post →
- 23 AugProgramme Note: The Glass CellAdapting Miss Highsmith continues on Wednesday 24 August with Hans W. Geissendörfer's The Glass Cell.Read this blog post →
- 19 AugProgramme Note: The American FriendAdapting Miss Highsmith continues with Wim Wenders' The American Friend, starring counter-culture icon Dennis Hopper.Read this blog post →
- 17 AugGFT Blog: Our Favourite AdaptationsTo celebrate the Adapting Miss Highsmith season currently screening at GFT, we took a look at our favourite book to film adaptations... Read this blog post →
- 16 AugProgramme Note: This Sweet SicknessIn a body of work populated by many an obsessive, David Kelsey, the protagonist of Highsmith’s seventh novel This Sweet Sickness (1960), is a real specimen. Read this blog post →
- 12 AugProgramme Note: Wiener-DogThe records show that Todd Solondz is not a director for everyone and latest film does little to dispel this summation of his character.Read this blog post →
- 11 AugProgramme Note: Plein SoleilRené Clément’s adaptation of Patricia Highsmith's The Talented Mr Ripley.Read this blog post →
- 9 AugProgramme Note: Enough RopeContinuing the Adapting Miss Highsmith season is the big screen version of The BlundererRead this blog post →
- 4 AugProgramme Note: Strangers on a TrainThe first screening from the Adapting Miss Highsmith season is one of Hitchcock's finest psychological thrillers. Read this blog post →