Here you'll find a round up of all the added extras we like to give you to support our year-round programme of great films and events. You can click to read interviews and articles ahead of upcoming events at GFT, programme notes written by local film journalists, academics and post-graduates which support our screenings and seasons and see video and photo coverage of our events. We'll also have staff recommendations and reviews.
We'd like to hear from you too - please leave any comments or feedback under each post.
- 23 AprProgramme Note: The FallingThe Falling’s writer and director Carol Morley brings her first full length feature film to screen, marking the culmination of a career making predominantly documentaries.Read this blog post →
- 22 AprCannes: The Big PictureThis morning's announcement of the full programme for the Directors' Fortnight provided the last big piece of the 2015 Cannes jigsaw... Read this blog post →
- 17 AprJauja Programme Note‘The Ancient Ones said that Jauja was a mythological land of abundance and happiness. Many expeditions tried to find the place to verify this. With time, the legend grew disproportionately… The only thing that is known for certain is that all who tried toRead this blog post →
- 9 AprWhisky Galore! The classic film becomes a brand new playWe're taking the chance to bring back the beloved 1949 Ealing film - here's why...Read this blog post →
- 31 MarEaster Parade: A Couple of SwellsGFF Co-Director Allan Hunter tells us why Easter Parade makes for perfect Easter Sunday viewing...Read this blog post →
- 30 MarGFF Sound & Vision strand to feature in GFT year-round programmingFollowing on from its success at GFF, we've decided to incorporate the Sound & Vision strand into our year-round programming, with events in April & May.Read this blog post →
- 26 MarDeaf and Hard of Hearing Film Club (Visible Cinema)Freelance performer Ciaran Stewart talks to us about his experiences of going to the cinema and why he thinks the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Film Club is important...Read this blog post →
- 24 MarVisible Cinema: Launch of GFT Deaf and Hard of Hearing Film ClubGlasgow Film Theatre today announced the launch of Visible Cinema, a monthly Film Club for deaf and hard of hearing audiences. The first initiative of its kind in Scotland, Visible Cinema launches on Tuesday 24 March.Read this blog post →
- 20 MarProgramme Note: MommyAt a mere 25 years of age, the precocious Canadian director of Mommy, Xavier Dolan, has already made a strong impression... Read this blog post →
- 5 MarProgramme Note: Still AliceBased on Lisa Genova's 2007 novel of the same name, Still Alice has been praised for its sympathetic and subtle approach to Alzheimer's disease.Read this blog post →