Here you'll find a round up of all the added extras we like to give you to support our year-round programme of great films and events. You can click to read interviews and articles ahead of upcoming events at GFT, programme notes written by local film journalists, academics and post-graduates which support our screenings and seasons and see video and photo coverage of our events. We'll also have staff recommendations and reviews.
We'd like to hear from you too - please leave any comments or feedback under each post.
- 5 DecProgramme Note: NebraskaWoody is not a winner. He has never been a winner for a moment in his life and now, with a letter in his pocket telling him he has won a million dollars, he is less a winner than ever.Read this blog post →
- 3 DecProgramme Note: PerformanceThe first in a series of offKILTR film-nights revisits the intense, psychedelic classic Performance...Read this blog post →
- 26 NovProgramme Note: Young & BeautifulYoung & Beautiful, François Ozon's fourteenth feature, is a carefully non-judgemental coming-of-age drama...Read this blog post →
- 13 NovProgramme Note: Blue is the Warmest ColourOn a nondescript street in Lille, a door opens. A high school junior emerges from her parents’ home and hurries after a bus. Her name is Adèle. Read this blog post →
- 6 NovFor All: Andy Cowle describes what cinema means to himGFT audience member Andy Cowle takes part in our 'For All' project and describes why going to the cinema is important to him.Read this blog post →
- 1 NovProgramme Note: The NunDirected by Guillaume Nicloux, The Nun is the second film adaptation of Denis Diderot's controversial 18th Century novel, La religieuse.Read this blog post →
- 24 OctProgramme note: The Selfish GiantThe Selfish Giant is director Clio Barnard's second feature-length film, after 2010's celebrated The Arbor. Read this blog post →
- 7 OctFor All: Andrew Hayes' thoughts on cinema for allGFT audience member Andrew Hayes takes part in our 'For All' project by telling us what he thinks of GFT's slogan 'cinema for all'.Read this blog post →
- 26 SepProgramme note: Hannah ArendtIn the award-winning Hannah Arendt, actor Barbara Sukowa reteams with director Margarethe von Trotta for a brilliant new biopic of the influential German-Jewish philosopher and political theorist. Read this blog post →
- 24 SepProgramme note: Le Week-EndLe Week-End marks the fourth collaboration between director Roger Michell and novelist/screenwriter Hanif Kureishi...Read this blog post →