Here you'll find a round up of all the added extras we like to give you to support our year-round programme of great films and events. You can click to read interviews and articles ahead of upcoming events at GFT, programme notes written by local film journalists, academics and post-graduates which support our screenings and seasons and see video and photo coverage of our events. We'll also have staff recommendations and reviews.
We'd like to hear from you too - please leave any comments or feedback under each post.
Programme Notes blog posts:
- 5 DecProgramme Note: NebraskaWoody is not a winner. He has never been a winner for a moment in his life and now, with a letter in his pocket telling him he has won a million dollars, he is less a winner than ever.Read this blog post →
- 3 DecProgramme Note: PerformanceThe first in a series of offKILTR film-nights revisits the intense, psychedelic classic Performance...Read this blog post →
- 26 NovProgramme Note: Young & BeautifulYoung & Beautiful, François Ozon's fourteenth feature, is a carefully non-judgemental coming-of-age drama...Read this blog post →
- 13 NovProgramme Note: Blue is the Warmest ColourOn a nondescript street in Lille, a door opens. A high school junior emerges from her parents’ home and hurries after a bus. Her name is Adèle. Read this blog post →
- 1 NovProgramme Note: The NunDirected by Guillaume Nicloux, The Nun is the second film adaptation of Denis Diderot's controversial 18th Century novel, La religieuse.Read this blog post →
- 26 SepProgramme note: Hannah ArendtIn the award-winning Hannah Arendt, actor Barbara Sukowa reteams with director Margarethe von Trotta for a brilliant new biopic of the influential German-Jewish philosopher and political theorist. Read this blog post →
- 24 SepProgramme note: Le Week-EndLe Week-End marks the fourth collaboration between director Roger Michell and novelist/screenwriter Hanif Kureishi...Read this blog post →
- 18 SepProgramme note: HawkingIn 1988, A Brief History of Time: From the Big Bang to Black Holes was nervously published by editor Simon Mitton as an attempt to interest the reading masses in physical cosmology...Read this blog post →
- 12 SepProgramme note: The Artist and the ModelThe relationship between artist and muse is a perennial subject in cinema...Read this blog post →
- 3 SepProgramme Note: The Great BeautyThis year marks the 20th anniversary of the death of the great Federico Fellini and the maestro’s benevolent shadow hangs over two of the major Italian releases of the past twelve months...Read this blog post →