Here you'll find a round up of all the added extras we like to give you to support our year-round programme of great films and events. You can click to read interviews and articles ahead of upcoming events at GFT, programme notes written by local film journalists, academics and post-graduates which support our screenings and seasons and see video and photo coverage of our events. We'll also have staff recommendations and reviews.
We'd like to hear from you too - please leave any comments or feedback under each post.
Programme Notes blog posts:
- 21 JulProgramme Note: JoeBased on a novel of the same name by American author Larry Brown, Joe is seeped in southern gothic... Read this blog post →
- 18 JulProgramme Note: Finding Vivian MaierOn 9 October, 2009, John Maloof logged into image-hosting website Flickr, hoping to direct extra traffic towards his vivianmaier.com blog, on which he'd been sharing a selection of photographs...Read this blog post →
- 17 JulNorte, the End of HistoryLav Diaz is a Filipino independent filmmaker whose output has been characterised by a simultaneously personal, poetic sensibility and a rigorous political and socio-cultural awareness...Read this blog post →
- 4 JulProgramme Note: Cycling with MolièreCycling With Molière (Alceste à bicyclette) is the seventh feature by writer-director Philippe Le Guay and the fourth collaboration between him and actor Fabrice Luchini... Read this blog post →
- 23 JunProgramme Note: The Golden DreamThe Golden Dream is Diego Quemada-Díez's feature debut as a director, a road-trip movie that manages to be both intimate and sprawling.Read this blog post →
- 19 JunProgramme Note: Camille Claudel 1915Camille Claudel 1915 opens with a medium close-up – not of a face, but the back of a head... Read this blog post →
- 9 JunProgramme note: Venus in FurThe intermingling of play and business is central to the workings of Roman Polanski’s latest film Venus in Fur...Read this blog post →
- 13 MayProgramme Note: A Touch of SinReal violence is never pretty, yet is often shown to be on the cinema screen, whether in brain dead actioners, or through the blood soaked aesthetic of giallo... Read this blog post →
- 1 MayProgramme Note: Ilo IloTo the seasoned cinemagoer, the thematic premise of a young Filipina maid moving to Singapore and altering the lives of the family she works for may hold the potential to veer into the territory of the sentimental...Read this blog post →
- 30 AprProgramme Note: A Thousand Times Good NightWith its Norwegian director, a French leading lady and on-location shoots in Kenya, Kabul and Ireland, this film wears its internationalism on its sleeve...Read this blog post →