Here you'll find a round up of all the added extras we like to give you to support our year-round programme of great films and events. You can click to read interviews and articles ahead of upcoming events at GFT, programme notes written by local film journalists, academics and post-graduates which support our screenings and seasons and see video and photo coverage of our events. We'll also have staff recommendations and reviews.
We'd like to hear from you too - please leave any comments or feedback under each post.
Programme Notes blog posts:
- 17 MarProgramme Note: Starred UpStarred Up is the first feature film by screenwriter Jonathan Asser, who brings a gritty plausibility to the script, which is partly inspired by his own experiences...Read this blog post →
- 13 MarProgramme Note: Yves Saint LaurentI'd really like to be in closer contact with life. I'm a little too distant, I guess. I like to place myself outside. Yves Saint-LaurentRead this blog post →
- 10 FebProgramme Note: Dallas Buyers ClubRon Woodroof first appeared in the pages of the Dallas Morning News in May 1989...Read this blog post →
- 5 FebProgramme notes: BastardsThe scene opens on Paris, drenched by a torrential rainfall. A man in his early fifties walks to a window...Read this blog post →
- 14 JanProgramme Note: Crystal Fairy and the Magical CactusThere is a natural, effortless charm to this gentle road-trip movie culminating on a desolate beach in Chile.Read this blog post →
- 3 JanProgramme Note: 12 Years a SlaveIn 1841, Solomon Northup, an African-American, middle-class citizen of Saratoga Springs, New York, was kidnapped and sold into slavery in the American South.Read this blog post →
- 2 JanProgramme Note: Gothic: Love is the DevilThe films in ‘Love is the Devil’ are explorations of the hidden and forbidden face of love. Twisted and fetishised, murderous and perverse – yet haunting and weirdly beautiful at the same time... Read this blog post →
- 5 DecProgramme Note: NebraskaWoody is not a winner. He has never been a winner for a moment in his life and now, with a letter in his pocket telling him he has won a million dollars, he is less a winner than ever.Read this blog post →
- 3 DecProgramme Note: PerformanceThe first in a series of offKILTR film-nights revisits the intense, psychedelic classic Performance...Read this blog post →
- 26 NovProgramme Note: Young & BeautifulYoung & Beautiful, François Ozon's fourteenth feature, is a carefully non-judgemental coming-of-age drama...Read this blog post →