Here you'll find a round up of all the added extras we like to give you to support our year-round programme of great films and events. You can click to read interviews and articles ahead of upcoming events at GFT, programme notes written by local film journalists, academics and post-graduates which support our screenings and seasons and see video and photo coverage of our events. We'll also have staff recommendations and reviews.
We'd like to hear from you too - please leave any comments or feedback under each post.
Programme Notes blog posts:
- 18 SepProgramme Note: Down by LawDown by Law hailed a significant moment in the career of Jim Jarmusch, as the ‘American original’ stretched out from the relative constraints of his previous two films... Read this blog post →
- 21 AugProgramme Note: Two Days, One NightMoney has been a conspicuous theme throughout the oeuvre of Jean-Pierre and Luc Dardenne... Read this blog post →
- 19 AugProgramme Note: From Scotland with LoveYou can tell an awful lot – and yet also very little – from the title of From Scotland With Love... Read this blog post →
- 4 AugProgramme Note: The Big PicnicBill Bryden’s The Big Picnic was originally written and performed in Govan in 1994...Read this blog post →
- 1 AugProgramme Note: Your Cheatin' HeartJohn Byrne’s Your Cheatin’ Heart, a much-loved but little-seen tale of Caledonian cowboys overrunning Clydebank...Read this blog post →
- 1 AugProgramme Note: TrainspottingIt’s hard to think of a better-known example of contemporary Scottish cinema than Trainspotting... Read this blog post →
- 1 AugProgramme Note: The Cheviot, the Stag and the Black, Black OilThe question 'Who owns the land?' lies at the heart of writer John McGrath’s classic 1973 play The Cheviot, the Stag and the Black, Black Oil... Read this blog post →
- 1 AugProgramme Note: Local HeroIf Bill Forsyth is Scotland’s most famous filmmaker, then Local Hero is Bill Forsyth’s most famous film...Read this blog post →
- 28 JulProgramme Note: The Deer HunterSweeping and gritty, horrifying and transcendental, the re-release of Michael Cimino’s three-act war epic The Deer Hunter, could not have arrived at a more appropriate moment.Read this blog post →
- 21 JulProgramme Note: JoeBased on a novel of the same name by American author Larry Brown, Joe is seeped in southern gothic... Read this blog post →