Here you'll find a round up of all the added extras we like to give you to support our year-round programme of great films and events. You can click to read interviews and articles ahead of upcoming events at GFT, programme notes written by local film journalists, academics and post-graduates which support our screenings and seasons and see video and photo coverage of our events. We'll also have staff recommendations and reviews.
We'd like to hear from you too - please leave any comments or feedback under each post.
- 19 MarCOMPETITION: At the Very Last Moment - Nuit De La Glisse 3DTHE MOST WONDERFUL SUGGESTION FOR AN EXTREME SPORT WINS TICKETS AND GOODIESRead this blog post →
- 19 MarGreen blog: Start the day loving your foodThe average household in Scotland throws out £35 worth of good food every month - the Love Food Hate Waste campaign is encouraging people to take advantage of their breakfasts whilst reducing food waste.Read this blog post →
- 13 MarGreen blog: Climate Week, 12–18 March 2012It’s the middle of March and Climate Week 2012 is upon us! Inspiring people to take action in developing a sustainable future, Climate Week is working with every sector of society to drive this campaign forward.Read this blog post →
- 5 MarProgramme Note: CaranchoWith his first film, Mundo Grúa (1999), Pablo Trapero established himself as one of the founders of the movement that came to be known as Nuevo Cine Argentino (New Argentine Cinema, NAC)...Read this blog post →
- 1 MarGreen blog: Submit a short for the UK Green Film FestivalAre you a filmmaker with a passion for the natural world? Sumbit a short for the UK Green Film Festival Glasgow (18-20 May)Read this blog post →
- 22 FebProgramme Note: MichaelIn interviews surrounding Michael’s release, director Markus Schleinzer has described the origins of the project in his reaction to the sensationalised tabloid coverage of recent, high-profile cases of child abuse...Read this blog post →
- 17 FebProgramme Note: TrishnaDirector Michael Winterbottom is well known for his talent for moving easily between genres and styles...Read this blog post →
- 7 FebProgramme Note: Martha Marcy May MarleneAs hinted by the tongue-twisting title, Martha Marcy May Marlene (Sean Durkin, 2011) is primarily concerned with one woman’s struggle with a splintered sense of self in the immediate aftermath of her escape from a cult. Read this blog post →
- 20 JanProgramme Note: CoriolanusAs a protagonist of, arguably, lesser literacy potency and repute than many of his Shakespearean counterparts, Coriolanus may at first seem an unusual choice of character for an actor of Ralph Fiennes’ gravitas.Read this blog post →
- 11 JanProgramme Note: The ArtistEven before its first reel begins, a screening of The Artist at the Glasgow Film Theatre evokes an older fashion of filmmaking. Read this blog post →