Cafe bar and kiosk staff
Part time 13.5 hour per week contract
Keen to work in the busiest art-house cinema outside of London? GFT seeks to employ experienced bar staff for our busy café bars to work part-time (13.5 hr pw contract).
Closing date for receipt of applications for this post is 12.00 on Monday 20 April
All completed forms should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high levels of applications expected, we regret that we are unable to respond to all applicants. If you have not been contacted by Wednesday 22nd April then you have not been selected for interview. Interviews are likely to take place on or after Thursday 23rd April and successful applicants would be starting immediately.
The role involves working in our team of Front of House Operatives who work in a highly pressured bar environment. GFT is the most successful independent cinema in the UK outside of London and a not-for-profit educational charity. Our café outlets are open seven days and our doors are open for a wide range of special events and hires. Bar staff are required to serve a range of hot and cold drinks while maintaining high levels of cleanliness in all areas of the bar. During quieter periods re-stocking and cleaning of the bar is carried out by all staff.
Our bar staff must have great interpersonal skills and can work well in a small team. We expect our staff to be capable of giving excellent customer service and be of a positive and pleasant nature when dealing with all people. Experience of cash handling and customer service are also essential. Bar staff are aware of the importance of maximising sales and income generation through bar sales.
This will be a 13.5 hour contract usually worked over 3 shifts.
A mix of evening and weekend work will be required.
- Serving customers and preparing their drinks
- Taking cash and credit/debit card payments
- Clearing tables and filling dishwashers
- Restocking the bar
- Cleaning all areas of the bar
- Serving coffee
Position in the Organisation:
Reports to the GFT Front of House Manager on duty
Salary: Glasgow Living Wage £7.85 per hour
- Experience of cash handling
- Recent experience of working in a cafe or bar where mandatory training was given for Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005
- Excellent customer care skills
- A flexible and hard working attitude to work
- Ability to work with others
- Availability to work over Christmas, New Year and Glasgow Film Festival and the potential for extra hours required during these busy periods
- An understanding and consideration of the needs of our diverse audiences
Please check back at a later date for further vacancies. We also have volunteering opportunities you may be interested in.
Please go to the GFF vacancies and volunteering pages to find out about jobs with GFF.